chapter 6

Above Christophsis

Onboard the UNSC ships thousands of helljumpers were getting ready to drop to the surface as a quick response to the republic ground forces before they could get prepared. Many of them knew they may not make it back as they took their last moments of peace before heading to their drop pods.

"Troopers we are green and very, very mean!" A helljumper shouts to his troopers.

"Let's show them what the Terran republic is made of." He says as they are set to go.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm feeling a little excited." One of them says holding the controls of his pod loosely like a toy.

Seconds later thousands of drop pods are released from there ship as they free fall to the surface. If you were able to see this from the surface it would look like many tiny astroids were going to hit the planet.

"Hahahah! This is what I've been waiting for." One of them shouts with excitement in his voice.

"I'll never understand you and your thirst for battle. Hell some of us may have even mistaken you for a Spartan like that crazy one." Someone says over the comms.

"Hey focus. We need control of the outer city before going through the inner part before the rest of our boys get here. Our objective is too take out any of there defensive weapons located in the city. So get your head in the game." Their commanding officer says.

As they break through the clouds the city below them can be seen as they adjust their course towards it.

"So this is what a city looks like in Christophsis. A lot more spaced out then I thought it would." One of them says.

"Incoming fire!" One of them shouts as streaks of green and blue blaster fire is lit up at them, some of them making their mark as a few drop pods were destroyed in those few seconds.

"Unprepared my ass! They have all their guns pointed right at us." A helljumper shouts in anger.

"Save your babbling when you make it to the ground." The commander says.

The intensity of the fire from the clones is too much for some of them as they will never make it too the ground in one piece.

"Brace for impact!" The commander yells as they near the ground and the parachute on the pod deploys to soften the landing.

As they land and the door opens a rain of blaster fire and pods landing can be seen as it looked like something straight from a movie.

"Regroup to my position troopers. We have a city to take." The commander says.

Some of them that make it to the ground are meet with blaster fire immediately after they exit their pod causing them their life as they didn't stand a chance and those that do make it become under heavy fire.

Clones can be seen scattered around the outer part of the city as chaos ensues because of their multiple landings in different areas.

"Eat lead republic dogs." A helljumper says as he takes down multiple clones behind defensive positions putting holes in their armor as he hopes out his pod.

They slowly start to gain ground as the helljumpers regroup and those lost from their group joins another near them.

"They may as well be wearing nothing. Their armor ain't doing nothing against our weapons." A soldier says.

"Well they were made for blasters instead of bullets." Another says to him.

"Come on we have to regroup with the rest of our squad before they over run us." One says as they all start to move.