chapter 40

Mygeeto

"Tank on the right!" A clone yells before seconds later a rocket slams into it as it explodes.

Once the smoke clears the tank can still be seen moving shooting it's cannon before another rocket hits it creating a massive explosion. The few defending marines starts to get out of their defensive positions under the hail of blaster fire and explosions. Some of them that tries to fall back gets shot in the back.

"Yeah that's it!"

"Keep at it!"

On another part of Mygeeto on the ground it was pure chaos on the front lines as troops from different factions battle each other. After hours of non stop fighting. One of them were starting to get the upper hand over them all.

The clones were starting to push back both the separatist and the terrans because of their sheer numbers. They were also starting to win the battle for control of the air and their capital ships were starting to provide air cover for them. Even though the terrans fighters were doing really well to protect their men on the ground. They couldn't do anything against their capital ships which were making it hard for them.

"There's too many of them! They just keep coming!" A marine yells as he shoots his machine gun at the waves of clones charging at them.

"Where's are support?! They should have been here by now!"

"Where ever they are. They're taking their sweet ass time getting here!" A marine shouts as they lay prone on ground doing their best to hold their positions.

A marine and a radio operator can be seen crouching behind a destroyed tank as they listen in as someone talks to them.

"What do you mean fall back." A marine says trying to hold in his anger.

"I just lost some good men trying to hold this position and now your telling me to fall back!"

As he listens to his next words his eyes go wide before he quickly gets up to says his next orders.

"Everyone fall back! We're not going to want be here when they arrive!" He yells as they slowly start to retreat.

The clones seeing this slow down their charge as they fire at the retreating terrans as they celebrate for a while.

"Haha! Where your going!" A clone shouts as he continues to fire at the retracting terrans.

"Look at them run! We'll push them back all the way to Zeridian where they belong!"

As they start to take over the positions that the terrans originally held three venators arrives from the clouds a little behind them as they make their way towards them. Opening the doors to the bay area they start to launch multiple fighters and bombers as they start their mission to destroy the rest of the Terran forces scattered throughout the planet.

"If this continues, it won't be long until we have this entire planet under our control." A clone says.

As the clones looks though the battlefield for any stranglers, they spot an entire stash of weapons and ammunition that the terrans had left behind.

"It really is true. They actually use slugthrowers as their main weapons." A clone says looking over a rifle that was left by the terrans.

"Those terrans ain't nothing. Still using primitive weapons." Another clone says as he uses his foot to slide the hundreds of bullet shells on the ground out of his way.

"This battle isn't done yet. Once our bombers blow them to smithereens. We'll arrive to mop up the rest of them." A clone commander says.

As the venators launch their fighters a huge beam of light hits the venator in the middle as it cuts it in half as the two pieces fall down. Hearing the explosion all the clones heads turns toward the ships as the two remaining ships turn as their turboblasters fire whatever was above them.