chapter 34

Bridge of a venator

The battle in space for the republic was getting worse and worse and communication with their flagship was now gone. The last few venators that were left last heard that an unknown Terran soldier was wrecking havoc on the ship.

It was safe to say that the republic was going to lose this battle. The terrans had fired multiple missiles at their ships and each hit that they took did damage to them even if it didn't look like it from the outside. Every venator that was hit was going through different problems with their ship and some of them wasn't going to make it.

The flagship of this small fleet wasn't fairing any better. On one of the bridges on the ship a fight between a Jedi knight and a Spartan was happening. This would be the first time a Jedi and a Spartan would face each other in combat.

The sounds of lightsabers and an energy sword was heard clashing against each other as sparks after each hit flew in the air. Both the Jedi and Spartan was fighting at a high speed that a normal person wouldn't be able to react in time, but the Jedi was starting to be on the losing side to this as each hit the Spartan inflicted on the Jedi seemed like his wrist was going to break at some point.

Each block and hit was taking it's toll on him and one mistake could cost him his life. After trading blows for a few seconds the Jedi does an over head swing that quickly becomes the biggest mistake he had made this entire fight. Because the Spartan takes the energy sword and catches the lightsaber in the gap in it's sword before shoving the energy sword to the ground while swinging the lightsaber in his other hand at the Jedi's head ready to take it off.

This had happened so fast that the Jedi barely had time to register what just happened since the Spartan had basically slammed him to the ground dazing him a little since he didn't let go of his lightsaber. Looking to his side he sees the glow of a lightsaber heading straight towards his face and almost on reaction alone he quickly puts up his free hand and uses the force to push his hand back.

This has the outcome he expected as the Spartans hand gets pushed back, but he wasn't ready for him to instantly take the energy sword out the floor and swing at him again. Using the little response time he has left he jumps back with his lightsaber in his hands a few feet where he once stood.

Once he lands he smells the burned smell of cloth and looks at his shirt to see two wide slashes on his shirt which were burned away from the sword. Upon seeing how close he was to death, it is than that he realizes that this Terran was not what he seemed like. It was like he was going against a fellow Jedi, but the attacks were more quick and precise with barely any time to react.

"Your not just a simple soldier are you?" The Jedi says curious.

"Your reflex and reaction time is too fast even with all that armor on. Not even a mandalorian will be able to keep up with you."

"Just who are you? What are you?" The Jedi says readying his lightsaber.

Master chief stands up to his full height looking down at the Jedi that was small compared to him.

Readying his weapons to clash again he answers his question. "A Spartan. That's what I am." He says as he quickly runs toward the Jedi shocking him at his speed again.

Seeing that he might have to retreat he uses the force again, but uses all his might to push him back as he releases his hands at him as the push would send him flying.

That's what he thought was going to happen because the force push he did against the Spartan had only sent him a few feet backwards as he sled backwards his feet never leaving the ground as a loud screech of metal sliding against metal was heard.