chapter 42

Aboard the spirit of fire

Aayla secura woke up with her head throbbing. The last thing she remembered was ordering her troops to retreat in exchange for her surrender. The last few moments before getting knockout after that was blurry to her.

Looking around she noticed she was in a cell while her hands were in cuffs with parts of it glowing a white color as it faded before glowing again. Right away she knew they were meant for Jedi because her connection with the force was almost completely blocked. All because of these simple cuffs.

The cell she was in wasn't all that bad like the ones she knew on Coruscant and some of her wounds were even bandaged. She sighed before going to the middle of the cell before sitting down crossing her legs.

She started to meditate trying to calm herself down. She didn't know what the terrans was going to do to her, but she didn't get to far with it until she heard footsteps coming towards her cell.

"Your finally awake. I did as much as I could to fix your wounds." A feminine voice says as aayla slowly open sher eyes.

"I didn't know how your body would react to our medicine, so I didn't give you any which is why you still fill pain around your body." The voice says.

Once aayla opens her eyes she sees a woman in a lab coat looking at her closely like she was trying to study her. It was like she was trying to memorize every detail about her.

"Why did you want to capture me. I have nothing of value that you would want." Aayla says interrupting her out of her thoughts

"Sorry. I never seen your species up close like this before. But to answer your question it wasn't me who specifically wanted you captured." She says.

Before she can go on two pair of heavy footsteps grow louder to show two Spartans coming there way.

"Professor anders. Captain cutter wants you and the Jedi on the bridge." One of the Spartan says as the other brings the Jedi out of her cell.

"Lead the way." She gestures as they escort them towards the bridge of the ship.

As they exit towards another part of the bridge she sees a handful of clones in different cells. Once a few of them see her they immediately stand up and salute to her. But there was also a few who couldn't look at her in the eye because of guilt.

Once they exit the prison cell into a hallway she couldn't help, but notice how the interior of the terrans ship was drastically different from theirs and the separatist.

A few crew members they pass by give her a look before walking off. She had no doubt in her mind that most of them must have hated her. Unlike the clones they had families and connections with other people other than themselves. Too her this was seen as an advantage and a disadvantage for them.

After a few more minutes of walking down hallways they make it towards the bridge and there was things that aayla had never seen before. It was like walking into a whole different world. Everything looked more complex

Captain cutter was over looking his troops that was on the ground as an orange looking hologram of a human female appeared in the middle of a table.

Once the two enter the bridge the two Spartans who had escorted them stay a little behind making sure the Jedi didn't do anything.

"My name is captain James cutter and you are?" The man says looking over at aayla.

"My name is aayla secura." She says.

"I'm sure your wondering why I wanted you captured. And I assure you it's not to get information about your military."

"I want to know more about the enemy me and my men are fighting against personally. But more specifically, you Jedi." The captain says.