Chapter 48

Waneta was on a platform looking at Anakin who was standing on what looked like a ying yang representing the light side and dark side. The Father which Waneta had found out was looking out in the sky. He hadn't told her everything but he had told her about his children. The son and daughter.

He didn't elaborate further about them but she knew the man that she had spoken to yesterday was the son. The Father did tell her that the son embodied the dark side while the daughter who she still didn't meet yet was attuned to the light side.

One thing that made her curious though was that if her mother was the adopted 'mother' of this small family. Would that make her a part of it? She wanted to bring this up but she was honestly scared what their answer would be.

Being rejected by them was something that she didn't want to feel and would rather just not bring it up. But that temptation to do it was growing the more she stayed.

What she didn't notice or even know was that she was slowly doing what her mother had did and that was fearing being abandoned or rejected by the people she wanted to call a family.

Looking into the sky for a few more seconds the father looks at Anakin who was prepared to do his test.

"It is time to face your guilt and know the truth."

As he says that two creatures come from out of the sky carrying Obi wan and Ashoka as they struggled to break free. The two creatures landed opposite sides of each other as a Anakin started to grow angry.

Waneta seeing them couldn't help worry about them. She didn't exactly know what this test was but she was finding out it was going to be bad.

"Whatever he wants, don't do it, Master!" Ashoka shouts.

"Let them go. I will not play your games."

"Oh, but I think you will. I have ordered my children to kill your friends." The Father says walking around him.

"The question is, which one will you choose to save? Your master? Or your apprentice You must now release the guilt and free yourself by choosing."

He than disappeared and reappeared next to waneta who was just as confused and angry about this.

"No!"

Obi-wan being the selfless man he is tries to get Anakin to pick Ashoka as the one to live.

"Their powers are too strong for us, Anakin! Save Ahsoka!"

Anakin than balls his fists and Waneta could visibly see him frustrated by being in this position.

"Let them go!"

"Only you can make my children
release them." The Father says waiting for what he was about to do.

Waneta not liking this as well turns to the father and tries to reason with him.

"Isn't there another way to do your test without putting their lives in the way. They don't deserve this."

The Father looks at her for a few seconds before he shakes his head. Ashoka and obi-wan who was down below looks up where waneta was and their eyes widen a little at seeing her. It's been months since they last heard her but they were both affected her betrayal in different ways.

"This is his test. If he wants to save his friends he must accept who he really is."

"And how do you know he'll do that?" Waneta questions but he looks back at Anakin not answering her.

"Anakin! The planet is the Force. Use it." Obi-wan shouts.

Anakin closing his eyes brings his hands together stretching them outwards as the two stumble back a little.