Chapter 44

Unknown regions

The small group of ships belonging to the terrans were waiting for what the faction now identified as the chiss ascendancy wanted with them. Most of the ships had left, probably to defend their post, but a few were still lingering around as they waited for their supreme admiral to arrive.

While they waited, one of the Terran ships was making an encrypted message to the closest fleet near them. It wasn't a message for help, but a message for them to give to Terra. They wanted them to start an immediate diplomatic mission to try and ease the tension that they had created with the chiss.

As they waited for the chiss to arrive with their supreme admiral, the Terran commander was looking at the chiss ships closely as he inspected their designs. He was also aware that they were probably doing the same. The designs of their ships and weapons were completely different from theirs, so the chiss probably had no clue what they could do. But the terrans had an idea what their ships could do after battling with the republic and separatist.

"Sir a ship are about to enter the system. It might be the admiral that the chiss were talking about." An officer says to the commander who merely nods as he continues to watch the remaining chiss ships making sure they don't try and escape.

Moments later a large ship enters the system next to the other chiss ships. It wasn't the largest ship that they had seen but it looked like it could deal a lot of damage to a fleet if used right.

Once the ship gets into formation with the rest of the ships. The terrans receives a hail from the ship from earlier and the large ship. As they open communications with them the same female along with a middle age man was seen.

"I am supreme admiral Ja'fosk of the chiss ascendancy defense fleet. I know you have a lot of questions on who we are and our intentions are unknown." The admiral says.

"But understand this, Commander, and understand it clearly. The Ascendancy does not attack other systems, fleets, or even individuals unless we have clear evidence that they attacked us first. We don't attack militarily, diplomatically, subversively, clandestinely, or psychologically. Those who do not attack us will not be attacked by us."

"But you and your ships has put our people on edge and some of our council members want to speak to you personally if you agree that is." The admiral finishes allowing the commander to talk.

"I am not the person suited for political talks admiral. I don't know how my people want to handle this since we didn't think an advanced civilization was even living here. But you can rest assure that an envoy from us is being transported here as we speak." The commander says as the admiral nods his head understanding.

"It's probably for the best if we want these talks to effectively succeed. But only one of your ships will be allowed entry into our territory." The admiral says.

"I understand. My fleet will stay here until our envoy arrives." The commander says.

As the two starts to end their conversation. They cut off the comms between each other ending the small talk with the admiral.

Sitting down with a sigh. The commander shuts his eyes thinking about how this could end. Although they said they wasn't going to attack them unless they did first. It didn't put him to ease.

There was potentially hundreds of weapon pointing right at them which could wipe out his entire group. All he could do was hope the envoy that was being sent to them was going to figure out what they wanted.

Unknown to them. This was exactly going as planned for two individuals belonging to the chiss.

One of them was admiral Ar'alani. But the other was an unknown individual. They didn't want trouble with the terrans. They wanted their help and believed that only they could help them. A small amount of their people had actually known who the terrans were and what they could do. And the two of them wanted them as an ally. Even if it meant going behind their own people's backs.