Chapter 25

Mandalore

Obi-wan had landed on the planet a few minutes ago and was currently being escorted by a squad of mandalorians. The last time he came here everyone was going about their daily life and the atmosphere seemed calm. Transports were supplying goods while the civilians were going to work and walking around without a care.

But now everything was different. Entire sections of the city was heavily guarded with transports supplying weapons in different locations. The once flock of people walking around was now men and women in armor ready to kill.

The most noticable change was the different banners signifying the different clans as many of the mandalorians were wearing armor similar to the color of their clan.

The entire planet of mandalore was ready for war and the pacifist planet that everyone once knew was now a mechanized army.

As Obi-wan is being escorted the eyes staring at him did not go unnoticed by him and almost all of them held some form of hatred towards him this time since the last time he was there.

Once Obi-wan finally makes it towards the doors where the current mand'alor was going to be at. The doors opens revealing the same mandalorian that had made the official declaration of war on the republic and was sitting on the throne.

His armor was significantly different from the others as his armor was painted gold with a red mantle that was tied around his neck. Another things was the various amounts of gadgets on him and as he sat down he was holding a long spear while the dark saber was clipped on his side.

As Obi-wan walked towards the middle of the throne room he knew that this was an intimidation attempt on him and was also a way for him to show his authority.

Once Obi-wan makes it toward the center of the room, the mandalore leader starts the first conversation between the two.

"General Obi-wan Kenobi." He says putting a short pause after saying his name.

"I have to say. Your reputation proceeds you. But your little talks are going to get you nowhere and you know it." He says sitting up straighter.

"Why have you come back here? Was it to actually attempt to persuade me to cease this war...or was it to know what happened to a certain someone?"

"Was it perhaps Duchess Satine that you all are so worried about?"

"If you know why I'm here, why countine this conversation and waste both of our times. I'm sure you would like the conversation between us to end and that will start if you give me answers." Obi-wan yells him.

"Because." He says getting down from his throne before walking around Obi-wan.

"Why should I let a Jedi meddle with the affairs of Mandalore. Duchess Satine may have, but I won't. Not this time." He says.

"The republic and the Jedi could have helped your people like we've had always been doing these past years. We could have had peace in the galaxy." Obi-wan begins.

"That is what Duchess Satine was trying to do. She wanted a peaceful solution to our problems."

"And some peace that is." The mandalorian scoffs.

"Satine wanted to force an entire population to go under this pacifist government and think we would magically just follow behind her." The mandalorian says.

"Some of us did, but many of us will never be like this. You must understand Kenobi. We are warriors and their is nothing that can change that. It's in our blood."

"Funny how all these leaders have these sets of ideas of a better future and all it usually does is leads to war and death which you all badly want to avoid."