chapter 13

Surface of raxus

The planet of raxus had become a huge mess as debris from ships and destroyed buildings litter the ground. It had been two days since the attack and any communication to the rest of the galaxy was gone. Some were lucky when a merchant ship arrived to tell others of the attack, but word of the attack was mostly kept in the dark with the lack of communication.

The EMP that erupted over the planet left the entire planet with no electricity or communication to the outside world. Any ships that were in the sky when this happened fell back towards the ground killing those onboard and any bystanders under their path.

Across the planet many residents of the planet can be seen retrieving the bodies of those under destroyed buildings and cries for their love ones was heard as some held their dead bodies.

The people of the separatist alliance on raxus was filled with anger against the terrans as many saw their attack on them was unjustified and they only came to slaughter them.

Some even saw them as a warmongering faction and only wanted to attack them for the fun of it, but everyone there could agree that they were going to fight back against them and bring the fight to them.

Because most of the government buildings were destroyed. A huge meeting in the center of the city was broadcasted to the rest of the separatist on the attack on raxus with count dooku talking about what their course of action was going to be while he was at his Palace.

The entire galaxy is watching this as raxus had went silent for two whole days which was strange since an entire populated planet going dark was hard to believe. Many people haven't heard what happened on raxus and this was going to be their first glimpse on what happened there as a hologram of count dooku was flashed across the faces of those watching.

"Two days ago the planet of raxus the head planet of the separatist alliance was attacked by the forces of the Terran republic." Dooku begins as those that hadn't heard about this was shocked as there was talks about them forming a relationship with each other since they had the same enemy.

Although they hadn't actually began meeting up with each other many thought this would eventually happen with them having a similar enemy.

"The separatist alliance was neutral with this faction and even considered the possibility of our two factions working together in prosperity, but the terrans had other plans for us." Dooku says mournfully.

"While we were hoping for a brighter future between the two of our people, they decided to attack us when we didn't expected it inflicting major damage to the planet of raxus that will take years to rebuild." He says.

"It is also noted that the distance from Zeridian the only known planet of the terrans and raxus is many light years apart from each other meaning they may have planned this attacked weeks and maybe even months ago." Dooku says as those listening started to have a deep hatred for the terrans as it seemed the pieces on the attack was starting to form together.

Many of them thought it was starting to seem that the terrans were only stalling so they could deliver a heavy blow to them while they wasn't looking.

"The lives of the people on raxus will forever be changed and we will avenge those that were killed during this attack." Dooku says as a uproar of people agreeing was heard.

"Starting today the separatist alliance will not only be in total war against the galactic republic, but also the Terran republic." He says.

"The increase of our war efforts will have to be increased with addition of this new enemy, so the efforts of all our people will have to be given in order for our people to succeed against the terrans to avenge those that were brutally killed." He says as those listening all agreed with him and months later the increase of their military would explode with the people yelling for war against the Terran republic.

Naboo royal cruiser

"This doesn't seem like a good idea. I know you want to fix our broken relationship with the terrans, but are you sure they are in a talking mood right now?" Ashoka says to padme.

"This may be the only chance we have in order to stop all this meaningless wars. I've been waiting weeks for a chance of meeting with them and I can't let this one chance slip by." padme says.

"I heard that they attacked the separatist, but they were such a peaceful planet before all this happened. They must have a reason for doing all of this." She says in thought since they only attacked them since they were messing with one of their planets which she knew was a bad idea. But if course no body listen to her, but her talks with them could at least help open up the misunderstanding with them. Even if it didn't work she believed that even a little chance of success could help them out in the long run.

Right now padme was traveling towards Zeridian with Ashoka acting as her bodyguard since Anakin was pressing on about how they were dangerous and would be more relaxed if he knew Ashoka was there with her.

He would have came himself, but that would only make the relationship between the two seem suspicious, so this was his only plan in order for him to be at ease as the terrans was still a mystery to everyone and no one knew how they will react to her wanting to talk things out between the two factions.

As they exit hyperspace the planet of Zeridian was filled with the debris of destroyed warships causing bad memories to surface from Ashoka as she recalls the battle over Christophsis when the Terran ships slaughtered their men. She quickly looked away not wanting to remember the memories of the men she knew die in that battle.

As they move forward a squad of fighters escort them towards the planet as they were awaiting their arrival. As they move forward padme could only stare out at the debris in disbelief.

"Are those... separatist ships? They said that the terrans attacked them first. What are their ships doing here then? They couldn't have enough time to plan a large scale attack on them in two days." She questions to no one in particular as she stares at the debris in thought.

"We may find out after we land. But I have a feeling there side of the story will be different from the separatist." Ashoka says to padme.

"It's always different from two sides. Everyone will see themselves as the victim and the other as the aggressors. It always been like this." Padme says to Ashoka.

"It is one of the reason we are at war with the separatist." She says.

As they enter the atmosphere of the planet and the view of the surface that is now clear to them shocks them as they look at the planet.

What they see is a good amount of the cities below them in ruins. Although it is not extremely bad, it is clear an attack had occured there. Separatist and terrans ships can be seen destroyed and sprawled across the landscape as signs of battle on the planet was clear.

"Has the entire galaxy been lied too or are we just missing parts of the bigger picture?" Padme says whispering to herself as they start to land and her talks to the Terran representatives was about to begin in a few moments. Some of them may even open up on what the Terran people was like and her answers on what happened here was going to be answered in a few minutes.