chapter 37

With the marines

"Is this the place?" A marine asks an ex-slave as they arrive at a large building guarded by numerous guards.

"Yes. This building holds half of the slaves ready for auctions in this sector. Once inside there should be a long hallway full of slaves." The Twi'lek male says while eyeing the guards.

"How exactly will you break in?"

The rest of the marines could be seen putting an suppressor on their weapons as the lead one starts to do the same.

"Leave that to us. Just get ready to make a run for it and guide them to safety once we free them." The marine says as he moves forward aiming his gun at the unsuspecting guards.

"Smoke 'em, now." The marine says shooting the first shots as the rest follow his lead.

In seconds all of the guards in front of the building are dead without anyone inside knowing that they are currently under attack. After waiting a while to see if someone else shows up they get ready to move on.

"Clear. Move up."

Moving up they stop at the front of the building at a metal door as they get ready to breach it.

Stacking against a metal door one of the puts a charge on it as the rest lean against the wall. One of the takes out a stun grenade taking the pin out just as the door explodes before tossing it inside. With a loud bang they all start to charge inside shooting anything that isn't friendly.

Once they clear the room they start to smell a horrendous scent the more they travel throughout the building.

"What the hell is that smell? It smell worse than dead bodies." A marine whispers to himself gagging a little.

Moving on despite the horrible smell they reach a set of stairs that lead to two corners that was connected to a hallway.

Splitting up the team, they both stack on opposite sides of the walls ready to check the corners at the same time. Looking at each other they nod at each other as they both round the corner with their weapons at the ready.

As they both round the corner they expected to see a few guards patrolling the halls, but what they didn't expect was to see more slaves than they can count squeezed in cells like sardines. They were basically on top of each other and their was a good possibility that some of them were dead inside, which may have been the cause of the rotten smell inside the building.

Those that were up front that had seen them stretched their hands out towards them asking to be let free while others seem to have had a lost look in their eyes.

"Jesus Christ. What the fuck is this. How can someone do this to another being." A marine says disgusted by this treatment.

There was numerous amounts of species that were held inside of the cells. There was even a few that had children inside and some of them looked liked they were close to dying. A few of the marines seeing this had to control their anger.

"Those sick bastards. How long has the republic allowed this?" A marine says kneeling down towards one of the locks on the cell.

A few of them back up in fear while others just look on seeming to accept their fate.

"Get ready to start breaking the locks. We'll have to worry about the chains later. It'll take to long to do all of them." The head marine says.

"Do any of you understand me. If one of you can. We are hear to break you out."

"Once you are set free exit this building and a few people that are the same as you will be waiting to help you all." He says as the start to break the locks.