chapter 33

Tatooine

A small town was seen away from the bustling cities on Tatooine in the middle of nowhere. It seemed like any other town on Tatooine if it wasn't for the many guards stationed around it.

The amount that was guarding the town was reasonable since a small dust storm had appeared making visibility a pain. They weren't looking out for just raiders, but also for unwanted visitors.

This small town held mostly only slaves that had escaped the cruel life they once had. Many of them had started families throughout the years of their escape and this was the only safe haven they had. But what really had them on guard was the hutts were showing no mercy to those that were caught with barley any surviving the punishment.

If it was because the assassinations on them or because more slaves were escaping from them, the hutts were being more harsh to those under them and many of them didn't want their new life to be mixed with them again.

They had once made plans to help other slaves with some even working, but one escape plan they made had failed badly costing the lives of many of them. Because of this another plan to free slaves hadn't been made again.

But that was about to change because a squad of marines were slowly making their way towards the town with the sandstorm still blowing. Their mission was to train them and future freedom fighters into a well organized group along with the Spartans.

But for now the marines were going to be the ones to make their presence known to them before the Spartans made their appearance known to them. The main reason for this was because the marines wouldn't straight up immediate the ex-slaves just by looking at them. After all. None of them had seen a Spartan before and conversations was not their strong point.

As the marines make their way towards the town one of them sighs in frustration looking at his weapon as dust and sand flew everywhere.

"Why it had be in a desert? All this sand is going to take ages to clean off of my weapon." The marine says not happy at all.

"It could be worse. We could've been freezing our asses off in the middle of nowhere." Another says.

"We are literally doing the same thing out here. But instead of freezing we are sweating. How does that make us lucky?"

"Alright calm down ladies. The town is right up ahead. Once we enter we follow by their rules for now. We don't want any misunderstandings for them." A marine leading the group says.

As they make their way towards the entrance, a group of guards walk up to them.

"Outsiders are not welcome here. I suggest you leave before we make you leave." A Twi'lek man says to them.

"We didn't come here to create any problems with you. We just want to talk with your leader. That's all." The lead marine says trying to ease the tension they have with them.

"And why should I let you in. For all I know your just another bounty hunter looking for trouble." The man says as they all of them ready their weapons thinking a battle was about to begin.

Seeing this the marine puts both of his hands up in a none threatening gesture trying to calm them down.

"We are with the Terran republic. We just want to speak to your leader to work out a deal and free the rest of your people. We see slavery as a sin from where we come from and we want to change that. But in order for that to work we need to speak to your leader." The marine says.

The man slowly relaxes, but was still on guard. He looks towards the rest of his men before he hesitantly nods his head.

"You and your men can come in, but your weapons will have to be taken away."