Just lay low

Scarlett and Isabel turned and headed straight home in silence. When they got there they found Levi and Farlan already there taking there gear off. Levi looked up at Scarlett when she walked in. He looked her up and down, she didn't seem to be hurt, that was good.

"You guys okay?" Farlan asked seeing Scarlett's rather worried face. Isabel stepped in front of her with an excited face.

"You should have seen Scarlett out there. She was awesome. She did this thing were she turned in the air and managed to get behind them. Then she pushed herself forward and kicked then really hard in the back so that they fell to the floor." Levi was listening to what Isobel was saying but his eyes were fixed purely on Scarlett. Something was wrong.

"Scarlett." Levi called out to her. Farlan and Scarlett looked at Levi. That was the first time he had actually used her name. Before he would just sort of shout out an insult to get her attention. "What's wrong?" He asked ignoring Farlan's gaze.

"Do you guy not think that something about that was off?" Levi thought about it. Now that she brought it up he knew she was right something really was off. Isabel and Scarlett began to take their gear off. Levi and Farlan went to sit down on the table.

"What do you mean by 'off'?" Asked Farlan.

"Well in all the times I have seen the Military police actually do something it was always because the higher ups told them too, but even then it was slow."

"What's your point?" Asked Isobel with a frown. Scarlett sighed.

"My point is that the Military policed got to us far too quickly and they wouldn't chase someone because they broke a stall. There has to be something else going on. You could argue that it was because we had 3DM gear but they wouldn't go to all that effort to get it back. If this is true is means we're being watched. We're on their radar, one slip up and we could find ourselves in prison." The other three knew she was right.

"We haven't even committed any crimes recently." Said Farlan quietly.

"Maybe that's the point. They are striking now because they think that your down, weak. I don't know I might be wrong but what just happened is not normal."

"She's right." Said Levi coldly. "I didn't see it before but it all makes sense. We need to play it low, keep our head down. If they find out where we live we're screwed."

"So you just what us to sit and do nothing while they are out there looking for us?" Shouted Isabel. She was very strong headed when it came to these things. The way she saw it they we're nothing more than sitting ducks if they did that. She wanted to fight back. Levi glared at her.

"You don't have much option. Since you were the one that messed up and got their attention. This whole thing will probably die out soon, then we can take on jobs."

"But Levi...we're running out of money for food. We haven't been on a job in over two weeks." Said Farlan.

"We will have to make do with what we have. Just give it a month."

"So does that means we can't use our 3DM gear?" Asked Isabel.

"Yes it does, stupid. Flying around with those things will only alert them to where we are."

"What the hell are we meant to do for a month of we can't use our 3DM gear?" Shouted Isabel. Levi stood up and grabbed her broom from the corner. He threw it at her with such force that she toppled back slightly.

"You can start by actually doing the job you we're meant to do instead of getting Scarlett to do it." Isabel and Scarlett looked at him.

"How-how did you know?"

"The floor was almost spotless. That cleaning standard if not something either you or Farlan is capably of." He moved towards the door.

"I thought you just told us too keep our heads down." Said Isabel.

"Tch you brat, I'm going to make sure that they don't know where we are. Find out what happened to the people that were after us. I can keep a low profile, I'm not a clumsy prick like you." And with that he left the house...