The ambush

"What do you mean your going to look for Erwin?" Said Scarlett to Levi as he began to walk away. They had been standing in a tree for hours and nothing much happened. They hadn't got the signal that told them to move out so they were told by Captain Sky to stay put and wait like they were meant to do and to make thing worse it had began to rain heavily. Levi turned around to face her and the other two who were stood behind her.

"I mean I'm going into the middle of the woods to look for that twit. I'm not just going to sit here, we're like sitting ducks."

"Well if your leaving them were coming with you." Levi sighed and came closer to Scarlett.

"You can't Scarlett just stay here. If we all go it will just be dangerous and she will notice."

"So your just going to go out into Titan infested woods by yourself? That seems like a pretty stupid idea to me." Said Scarlett getting angry. Levi glared at her.

"Scarlett I can handle myself alright? I won't be gone long so just stay her and wait for me."

"No I'm not the kind of person to just sit back and let you walk into danger by yourself. I can understand if you don't want all of us there but just let one of us come."

"No if any of you come you'll just be a liability."

"A-a liability? You joking right?"

"No I'm not." Then Levi turned and flew into the trees without another words. Scarlett glared after him and then turned and ruffly sat down on a tree trunk. Isabel and Farlan had no idea what to do. Isabel turned to Farlan and said...

"What just happened?"

"I guess that was a lovers spat." He replied looking at Scarlett who had her head buried in her hands. Knowing it was best not to say anything Falran and Isabel stayed quiet. A few minutes passed and then a loud and eerie female scream filled their ears. Scarlett shot up becoming ver aware all of a sudden. Isabel moved closer to her for comfort.

"What was that?" She said trying to sound braver than she felt. Scarlett stood up and ran towards where the scream came from. The rest of the squad were up on their feet looking around at each other. They were looking for guidance but...where was Captain Sky? Then it clicked, the scream, Captain Sky, missing...

"Everybody get under cover." She shouted at them. None of them moved, they weren't going to listen to an Underground rat they would wait for their Captain, but their Captain wasn't coming back. Then five Titan's appeared all around them and began slaughtering the whole squad. Scarlett leapt into action, she had to help. She flew around the five of them, pushing herself of the trees and slicing at the Titan's necks. She was quick but not quick enough. She had killed two but the whole squad was already dead then she spotted Isabel and Farlan trying to avoid the battle and running away on their horses, but the rain had made the mud wet and slippy so his horse fell down in the mud taking him with it. Scarlett gasped and used her 3DM gear to get closer to them. Isabel was using her 3DM gear to avoid the grip of a Titan and trying to assist Farlan in his escape but another Titan had spotted Isabel and ran towards her. It tripped and Isabel called put for Levi and Scarlett before being crushed in between the two Titans. Her blood spatted everywhere and Isabel was gone. Scarlett screamed but was frozen at the sight of her friends death. Farlan had the opposite effect. The death of Isabel made him stop running and turn around to face both of the Titans. Knowing that it was unwise to stay on the ground and fight Farlan tried to use his 3DM gear to get up into the trees but his fall had damaged his gear but he realised this too late and was picked up by the Titan. Scarlett un froze, desperate to save one of her friends from the disgusting creatures. She charge into action, bouncing of a nearby tree. She attempted to land on the Titan and free Farlan from it's grip, but she let panic and anger cloud her mind and she misjudged her landing and she landed on her right leg weirdly. There was a loud snap as it broke in three different places. Her grapple hook fell out of the Titan in which she was attached too and Scarlett fell to the ground. She landed with a loud thump on the ground to only look up to see the Titan throw Farlan into it's mouth like he was nothing but a light snack, and that was it. Two of her three first and only friends were dead and the other, the one she loved was no where to be seen. She was alone, in pain with three Titans surrounding her...