The start of a new life

"This is where you guys will be sleeping." Said Captain Sky. She had been to get medical attention while the four where in the courtroom. They had managed to push her nose back into place so that it wasn't wanky but it had a lot of bandages on it. She had taken them to a building owned by the survey corps. It was a place where all the Captains and Commander slept. They had their offices place in the same building too. Captain Sky stopped and turned to face them just outside the door. The four of them stopped and glared at her. They all hated her for calling them Underground rats. Levi was stood at the front of the group with Scarlett right behind him. Captain Sky's eyes rested on her.

"Let's be clear that I am a very light sleeper and only two doors down from here. If you try anything funny I have permission to deal with you in any way I see fit." Her comment enraged Scarlett.

"Is that a threat?" She said stepping in front of Levi and closer to Captain Sky.

"Even if it is you couldn't do anything about it. I'm your superior in every way and I will make you bleed."

"I think it's amusing that you think that pain bothers me. I'm not as weak as you."

"I am not weak."

"I think your just bitter because I broke that little nose of yours. You should be thanking me really, I gave you a free nose job, you certainly needed it."

"If you want a fight then just say I'm all up for it."

"I don't want to waste my time on a fight I know I can win. Let's face it your not going to win if you play cleanly."

"I can easily beat you in a fight."

"Then be sire to go and get some friends because you're gonna need them."

"You need to drop your cocky attitude and focus on how to kill the enemy."

"Oh I am, she's stood right in front of me."

"I'm not an enemy you idiot."

"You put a knife to the throat of someone I care about. In my books that makes you and enemy."

"I am your Captain, you can't speak to me like that." Scarlett's scowl deepened.

"Never in a million years will I recognise someone like you as my Captain." Not being able to take the girls evil stare any longer turned and walked down the hall in a huff.

"I don't think I've ever seen you that fired up." Said Isabel with a smiled and admiration in her eyes. Levi and Farlan stayed slightly. Both of them we proud to see her so bravely stand up to her like that.

"You really hate her don't you?" Asked Falran once the four had walked into their new room.

"That I do." Said Scarlett. "She put a knife to Isabel's throat and she needs to understand that she isn't better than any of us just because of where we were born. I will not have these surface people look down on us."

"I think thats fair, she deserves it." Said Isabel sitting down on one of the beds. Scarlett sat on the one next to hers and Levi took the bed directly opposite hers. Farlan took the on next to Levi and opposite Isabel. The four of them looked around at the room they were in. It was strange. The walls were papered and there was a carpet on the floor. These were all things none of them had had the luxury of having before.

"Do you guy things will be different now, up here I mean?" Asked Scarlett. Levi looked at her rather pained face with his normal blank expression but inside all he wanted to do was go to her, cradle her in his arms and tell her that everything would be okay. Farlan looked at the woman he loved and sort to comfort her but it was Isabel who took to Scarlett's bed and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry Scarlett. Up here we can leave our old life behind us, we don't ever have to go back." She said with a smile.

"Yeah, everything will be fine as long as the four of us are together." Said Farlan. Levi then suddenly stood up causing everyone in the room to look at him.

"Of you need something to take your mind of things you can start by cleaning the windows. This room is disgusting." Isabel sighed heavily but Scarlett took one look at Levi and knew that he was trying to comfort her in his own way. So, smiling to herself she set to work...