Joining the enemy

Then the blond man moved away from her and walked over and stood in front of Levi.

"You the leader right, were you in the Military?" Levi stayed silent and lifted his head to glare at the blond man. Then a man that was stood behind him grabbed his head and pushed him down, really hard. Levi's face was smashed into the ground. The other three gasped, just that surprise soon turned into hate. Levi's face was in a pool of sewage. Gritting his teeth he turned to look up at the man who held his head.

"I'll ask you one more time." Continued the blond man. "Where did you learn to use 3DM gear?" Levi stared silent but Farlan not being able to take the fact that the man he respected in so many ways was having his face pushed into sewage, answered the mans question honestly. 

"We didn't learn from anybody. We learnt it by ourselves." 

"Self-taught you say? I don't buy it."

"It's just so we're able to rise even a little bit in this dirty garbage place! People who are used to sunlight won't understand." Farlan shouted.

"That's enough! Let Bro go! Don't be cocky just because you're soldiers." Shouted Isabel angrily. The blond man looked at his comrade and gave him the sign to stop. The man behind Levi lifted his head up. Scarlett who had been watching the scene unfold looked at Levi's face which was covered in sewage. He was really mad and couldn't stand to look at her. He hated the fact that these people had made him look weak in front of her. At that moment he didn't care about anything else. He was meant to be a strong person she could depend on. A person she could trust and now he knelt next to her with a face covered in sewage and feeling more defeated than he ever had in his life. Scarlett wanted nothing more than to comfort him. The blond man stepped forward and knelt down on one knee in front of Levi. Scarlett was surprised to see that he himself sat in the sewage.

"My name is Erwin Smith. And yours is?" Levi didn't answer at first but knowing he was in position to resist he said...

"Levi." 

"Levi...why don't we make a deal?"

"A deal?" Levi repeated coldly.

"I will let your crimes go unpunished. In return I ask you and the girl lend me your strength."

"Why don't you ask her yourself?" Levi asked, his voice still full of venom.

"Because she is loyal to you. She will follow you to the death, they all will, that much is clear. So I ask that you both join the survey corps?" Levi glared up at him. He wasn't just making a decision for himself but for Scarlett too.

"And if we refuse?" He asked.

"The Military police will have you. Considering all of your crimes." The stood up and looked down at Levi. "You and your friends, won't be treated very nicely." He turned and walked away. When he was in his original spot he turned and face Levi. "Choose which ever you prefer." There was silence for a moment.

"Fine." Said Levi. Scarlett heard a gasp come from Isabel's lips. She was shocked at his decision but Scarlett and Farlan knew that really he wasn't given much option. Levi spat some sewage water out of his mouth. "We will both join the survey corps."

"A very wise choose." Said Erwin. The other three people of his little group grabbed the four of them. Scarlett managed to get next to Levi. She knew that he was still really mad and probably didn't want to talk to her but she needed to be near him. So was seeking comfort and she only could get it from being near him.

"Are you okay?" He asked her quietly without looking at her. Scarlett was surprised that he was willing to talk to her, or the fact that we was worried about her after everything he just went through.

"I'm fine thank you. Are you?" He stayed quiet for a second.

"I'm sorry I made you join the survey corps with me."

"It's fine Levi. I understand why you did it, you weren't let many options."

"Yeah but this is going up there and fighting Titans. We will constantly be put in danger."

"Levi I'm a small girl who was always surrounded by men four times the size of me. They were like Titans for me, I think I can handle them a bit bigger." Levi felt a faint smile don his face. Even after everything they just went through she still found a way to cheer him up.

"Everything will be different now."

"Not everything. No matter what happens I'll stay by your side."

"Is that a promise?"

"It can be if you want it to be."

"I do. Promise me you will always be there."

"I promise that no matter what happens, no matter what life throws at us. I will always be by your side..."