Dimonds in the sky

The four were walking back to the building where they were staying after they had dinner. It was a simple dinner of chicken and bread but it was filling. They were all sore and tired from the days events. They had been for a shower before dinner. The cold water had cooled them down but failed to remove the ache from their muscles. Scarlett looked up at the sky and gasped at the sight. The sound made Levi look back at her and the other two stop. The four of them looked up at the night sky for the first time. It was beautiful, like a thousand diamonds in the sky with fluffy white clouds surrounding them. They shone so brightly and then there was the moon. A big silvery ball shining down on them. Levi side glanced at Scarlett. He looked at her face of wonder as she looked at the sky. Levi thought that the sky was beautiful but he thought she was more beautiful. Farlan noticed Levi watching Scarlett and decided to break the silence.

"You know, these surface people aren't that bad." Isabel looked at him like he was crazy.

"After they hurt Scarlett, put a knife to my throat and pushed Bro into sewage, you say their not that bad?"

"Tch, I'd like to see him try that again." Said Levi under hos breath. He hated the fact that that had happened. He had felt to weak and like he couldn't do anything. Scarlett had heard his cmment but decided not to mention it.

"Look I'm not saying we have to like them but we have to at least try and get along with them. We are living up here with these people now, we have to at least try and fit in." Said Farlan but really he was thinking about the conversation he had overheard earlier that day between Commander Erwin and Captain Mike. He had heard everything, including the part where he said that not all of them might survive. He knew that Scarlett and Levi would be fine, it was himself and Isabel that might be in danger. They were strong but not as strong as the other two. Farlan had never seen anyone else as strong as them. They would survive this expedition but he and Isabel...there was no guarantee for that. He was of course determined to not let that happen. He had wanted to come up and live on the surface his whole life, he wasn't doing to die after only a month of being up here, but he also knew that death was unfair and came for anyone at anytime. The three of them thought of this words, they knew he was right but getting along with these people sounded ridiculous. Levi sighed inwardly, he didn't need to get along with them. He was perfectly happy with the group they had.

"Somehow I don't think getting along with red nose is going to be easy." Said Scarlett with a smile, thinking of Captain Sky. Farlan and Isabel laughed at her comment.

"Red nose, good one." Said Isabel.

"It really has swollen up though I mean it now covers like half her face." Said Farlan. "It might even begin glowing in the dark." Scarlett burst out laughing. Levi smiled to himself as he listened to it. They four of them then sat outside for a while and laughed happily with each other...

The four sat in a room at a table in the morning after breakfast, they were all pretty sore after yesterday and were more than a little thankful to be having a day off swordplay. Captain Sky had been the one to silently lead them here and then had left without another word. The four had no idea why they were there, or what to expect. That was then a woman with tide up brown hair and glasses strapped to her head burst through the door. She had an excited look on her face, like someone had just told her the best news in the world.

"Gooooood morning." She said walking to the head if the table. Scarlett side glance at Levi who was sat at the other head of the table opposite the woman. Farlan was sat to Levi left opposite Scarlett and Isabel was sat to her right, closest to the strange woman. Levi silently stared at the strange woman with a blank face. None of then replied to her good morning. The woman sighed heavily.

"Boy you guys are no fun. Well anyway I'm Hanji Zoe, I am the Captain in charge of researching Titans and that why I am here with you today. I have to tell you all about Titans but first I think you guys should tell me your names." Hanji looked at Isabel.

"I'm not going to tell you anything." She replied coldly. Hanji placed a hand in her pocket and pulled out five pieces of wrapped up candy.

"Here have these, many they will sweeten you up a little huh?" She placed them on the table in front of Isabel, who just stared at them like them were poison. "You know little girls are meant to be sweet."

"I'm not a little girl." Shouted Isabel defensively. Knowing this was getting out of hand Farlan decided to speak up.

"She is Isabel, I am Farlan. This is Levi and that's Scarlett." Hanji looked at the four of them and smiled.

"Alright then. I hear you guys are from the Underground." There was no reply to this remark. "Well this looks like it's going to be fun..."