The sun?

"I think he's ready to fly!" Said Isabel excitedly. Levi and Scarlett had cleaned up his t-shirt just before Farlan and Isabel got up. Scarlett kept sneaking glances at Levi. She was disappointed in herself. She thought that she was over her fear if men, of physical contact. Isabel had been helping her out a lot with it. Over the last three days every now and then Isabel would simple place a hand on Scarlett's shoulder. Soon she became pretty comfortable but the scene with Levi had shown her that just three days was not enough to get rid of a lifetime fear. Levi on the other hand was a little upset that Scarlett was scared of him. He understood why but he wasn't like all those other pigs that had mistreated her. He was different, he would treat with right and with the respect she deserved, but still she saw him as another man and someone to be scared off. Levi wondered what he would have to do to show her that he would never hurt her. To show her that he would always be the one to stand in front of her and danger. Farlan was well aware that something had happened between the two. He couldn't work out exactly what had happened but Scarlett was quieter than usual and despite the fact Levi face gave no indication of his feelings, Farlan knew that his friend was feeling more than a little hurt. Maybe Scarlett had rejected him? No, she wouldn't do that. Much to his dismay he had seen the looks Scarlett gave Levi when she thought no one was looking. She looked at him with respect and love. A look he knew she would never give him. He really did love Scarlett but her heart lay with someone else and he respected and loved her enough to keep his distance. Isabel still remained completely oblivious to everything going on between the three. She sat at the table stroking the bird, who was proudly spreading his mended wings.

"We should set him free today then." Said Farlan. "There is a place a nearby that has a whole in the roof. It leads to the upstairs we came set him free there." Isabel smiled at the bird.

"You hear that buddy? You'll be flying in the sun again very soon."

"It isn't sensible for all four of is to go put together. A crowd like that could atrract un wanted attention." Said levi. Isabel frowned at him.

"But Levi-bro the three of us have been cooped up in the house for days. I haven't been out at all."

"That's because your a clumsy idiot." Levi responded. Farlan stepped forward looking at his friend.

"Levi she is right, we could do with some fresh air. Plus I know that all three of us want to be there when we set this little guy free." Levi looked to Scarlett who was looking at the bird lovingly as it flapped it's wings gently, preparing to fly. The look on her face made him buckle.

"Alright fine, but you better keep yourself under control." He said pointing at Isabel. She smiled at him happily.

"Thank you bro." She said just as the bird took flight. The four watched as it flew around the house, chirping happily. Isabel held her hands out and the bird landed gracefully in her hands.

"Let's go and set him free then." Said Farlan smiling.

The four walked to the place that Farlan mentioned. It was a place neither Isabel or Scarlett had been before. The thing that poured through was alien to all of them. Sunlight. Scarlett and Isabel where blinded by it's light. They had never seen something so bright, it hurt there eyes. It stung like you wouldn't believe. Levi and Farlan held a hand over their eyes. It didn't hurt them as much as the girls because they had seen sunlight before, but they still weren't used to it. Isabel walked right out into the sunlight holding the bird in her hands still. Scarlett was the one to hold back. She was unsure of it. Farlan saw her hesitation and went over to her. He placed a hand on her lower back and smiled at her encouragingly.

"It's okay. It won't hurt you, it feels nice actually." He told her. Levi glared angrily at the hand on Scarlett's back. He was doing that thing again. Dirtying his things with his grubby hands. Levi was mentally shouting at himself, he should have been the one to go over there and comfort her. Scarlett felt relieved that Farlan was there. She didn't love him like she loved Levi but he still trusted him with her life and was comforted by him being there. If he said it was okay then it was. Scarlett stepped forward and her pale skin soaked in the sunlight for the first time. Scarlett smiled at it's incredible heat. It was so much different to the cold dark place in which she was used to. Levi watched her as she stood in the sun. Farlan walked over to him and stood by his side watching her too. She was like an Angel, so perfect in many ways. Farlan could sense his friends anger.

"What exactly happened between you two?"

"It's not your business." The hurt and bitterness in his voice confirmed Farlan's suspicions.

"You made a move on her and she panicked didn't she?" Levi stayed silent. Farlan knew he was right. "I'm gonna guess that your pissed because she didn't panic when I touched her just now." He sighed. "Listen Scarlett's has got a lot better but she has been through a lot. It is gonna take her a while to began to trust men."

"I know that Farlan I'm not an idiot."

"Then why are you so upset?"

"I'm not upset." Levi said in his cold voice.

"Yeah that might work on everyone else but you can't lie to me." Levi stayed silent. Scarlett walked up to Isabel and said something to her that the boys couldn't hear. Isabel nodded and lifted the bird up towards the hole in the ceiling of the Underground floor. The bird spread it's wings and the four silently watched as it threw towards the sun, a place they could never go...