For a chance on the surface

The four went home and put on their gear. A chance to live on the surface, in the sun. The had to do this job, they couldn't give up this once in a lifetime opportunity. Scarlett and Isabel stood by the door already ready to go. Farlan turned to Levi.

"Levi, you ready to go?" He nodded and the four charged down the steps.

"We've got conformation on Jan. He's in a first rate hospital. The identity of that man is also confirmed. This job is for real. We gonna do it Levi?" Farlan asked. Levi continued to move forward. In his eyes he didn't really have a choice. Scarlett and Isabel watched the two as the talked about what they were to do. What ever Levi decided the other three would do without question. Levi turned a sharp corner.

"Bro?" Said Isabel.

"We carry on as normal. But if, they appear just like they said they would, we'll start the job." He jumped down of the wall and the others followed him.

In another part of town a man bent down and beckoned a black dog over.

"Come here." He cooed softly. The dog was panting heavily but didn't moved. The man knelt down. "Here..." He said but the dog turned and walked away.

"What are you doing?" Demanded a man stood by a cart with loads of boxes stacked on it. Two other men where tying the boxes down so that when they moved they couldn't fall off.

"I'm sorry." Said the man standing up quickly and scratching the back of his head. He began to run over when they heard a strange sound behind them.

"Huh?" The looked around and saw four figure fly over them. They were all using 3DM gear. He first three went straight over their heads but the last one, a man with short black hair went purposely low and kicked the boxes off the cart. The men made noises of surprise and bent down. The boxes exploded and the contents spilled everywhere. Apples and other small packet of food. One man took this as a chance to take some of the food.

"Hey wait up." Shouted the leader of the group. "Bastard. They had us, it's those pests again."

"There they are! Someone call the military police." Said another man pointing after them. The four continued through the air smoothly. They moved perfectly with each other. All seeming to know where the other will do so that they didn't crash.

"Yahoo!" Isabel cried out happy to be using the 3DM gear again. Scarlett was riding at the back, keeping a look out. They she spotted them.

"Levi! They're here." She warned him. Levi looked back and saw three men wearing Military police outfits following them but behind them there were four more men. These men were wearing dark green coats. Levi frowned, why the hell where they here? Isabel looked back at them smugly.

"The Military police again? Haven't learnt their lesson, have they?" She looked back to Levi. "Hey Levi-bro! What I just said was a cool line, right?"

"Are you an idiot?" Responded Levi making Isabel pull a grumpy face. Scarlett smiled at their exchange. Isabel was always trying to impress Levi. Levi fly down low almost scraping the ground with his feet. Then he shoot himself but and turned around in the air. He used his grapple hooks to knock the three Military policeman off their game and they fell to the floor. Two of the men in green coats began to move faster and above the others. Levi fiddled with his gear slightly and taking a leaf from Scarlett's book he shot himself backwards. Two of the people in green coats shot past him and he rejoined the other three. Scarlett was happy to see him using a trick she had come up with.

"Those movements! They're not Military police." Said Farlan looked back at the two that were still following them be rejoined by the two that had just shot past them. They couldn't seem to shake the four of them off.

"Yeah, no mistake. It's them. That Wings of Freedom crest, it's the survey corps." The other three turned around in the gear to look at them.

"Heh. As people who battle Titans, they're as different expected." Titans, thought Scarlett. They were a surface problem. Down here in the Underground they were the least of their worries. Being eaten by a Titan for most people who lived in the Underground it would be nothing sort of a blessing. It was a painful but quick death. Down their disease from the sewage infested streets was what took them. If you got infected by something, it would often mean a very slow and painful death. They were diseases which took years to kill you. They slowly ate away at your muscles until the time came when you couldn't move, only then would you die.

"You guys...you know right?"

"Of course." Responded Scarlett.

"Yeah, it's the job right?" Said Farlan. Then Farlan went right and Scarlett and Isabel went left, while Levi continued straight on. One of the four followed Scarlett and Isabel and another followed Farlan, but two stayed pursuit of Levi. Please just let Scarlett be alright, Levi silently prayed to whatever supernatural being that might be listening...