Never forgett

Scarlett lay with her back on the floor looking up at the sky. The rain still pouring down on her face, pattering against her already soaked clothes. She wasn't paying attention to anything. She felt delirious. The pain in her leg was unreal and the images of Isabel and Farlan's death kept replaying in her mind. She could have saved them, she could have, but she froze like an idiot and now they were both gone. She wasn't aware of her horse Lira gently nudging her, desperately trying to comfort her. She wasn't aware of Levi who in a blind rage of everything he had just seen was killing the three remaining Titans. When he had killed all three he ran to Scarlett's side. He gently lifted her head up and supported it with his left hand. He very gently stroked her hair with his right hand.

"Scarlett?" He said soothingly. At the sound of his voice and his touch Scarlett began to come around. Things slowly came back into focus.

"Levi." She said recognising the man above her. Levi whipped her face, getting rid of the mixture of tears and rain. "Levi it's all my fault."

"No it's not. It's Erwin's fault. He was the one that bragged us out here, he was the one that made us join." He said through gritted teeth.

"Levi don't be mad. They wouldn't want that."

"I can't not be mad Scarlett. Their gone, the only thing I had was the three of you and now two of you are gone. If I hadn't got here when I did I would have lost you too."

"But you did and I'm safe thanks to you. I'm okay, I mean my leg is broken in three places...I think but I'm alive." The two heard a rustle from somewhere in front of them. Then Commander Erwin and Captain Mike rode into the clearing on their horses. Levi glared up at them as they both got of their horses and walked to them.

"What happened here?" Asked Erwin.

"Their dead because of you." Levi snarled.

"Levi I told you it's not his fault it's mine. He couldn't have possabily onown that this would happen."

"Cadet Scarlett, are you okay?" Asked Mike bending down and examining her leg.

"Yeah I'm okay. Commander we were ambushed by five Titan's. The whole squad apart from me is dead. I'm sorry Sir I tried to save them but they would listen to me. Captain Sky was the first to go, her scream was the thing that alerted me to the Titan's. I told them to hide but they wouldn't listen, they didn't trust me Sir. I should have done more I'm sorry."

"Don't worry Cadet. I think that people listening to you is always going to be a problem from the two of you."

"Commander we may have a problem here." Said Captain Mike.

"What is it?"

"Her leg it is damaged in such a way that it will never heal enough for her to fight again. She can't use 3DM gear with her leg like this, she will be lucky if she can even walk on it again."

"No that's bullshit, there has to be something you can do." Shouted Levi at him.

"We will of course do all that we can but you must be prepared for the worst." Replied Captain Mike.

"We have already assembled what is left of the survey corps. It is time to move out, this mission is been unsuccessful."

"Unsuccessful? That's all you going to call it." Said Levi still full of rage from losing his friends.

"Cadet Levi you must remember that you friends are not the only ones that died here today. Maybe good soldiers died today is well."

"Then tell me why exactly all these people died. Was their death necessary?"

"Unfortunately I cannot say that it was but they will not be forgotten that I can assure you. Cadet Scarlett can you ride?"

"I can try Sir." Scarlett attempted to stand but as soon as she put the slightest bit of weight on her leg she fell over. Levi caught her in his arms.

"She can ride with me." Said Levi knowing she couldn't ride by herself. The four of them got on their horses. "Hold on tight and don't even think about letting go." Levi told her. Lira was walking politely beside Levi and his horse. Scarlett wrapped her arms around Levi and held him tightly. As they slowly rode out of the woods she buried her head into his green survey corps cape and she cried. She cried not because of the pain in her leg but for her fallen friends. She made a silent promise to them both that she would never forget them and will one day be with them again...