Not the right guy

Three days went past and the four did as Levi told them too. They laid low, did nothing to attract attention. Levi was out of the house a lot. He was trying to find out any information about what had happened, why the Military police were after them more than usual all of a sudden. Isabel was often found grumbling grumpily to herself as Levi made her clean over and over again. He was not happy with the way she had talked back to him that day. He had to show her that he was the leader because he made all the right decisions to keep them alive and out of prison. That often left just Farlan and Scarlett alone. Isabel mostly started in the room she shared with Scarlett. Scarlett and Farlan however didn't really care about having to lay low. They both respected Levi's decision and although they might not want to they both knew that he was doing it for the best. Farlan took the chance to get to know Scarlett better. With Levi practically out of the way, he was free to talk to her. Scarlett slowly began to open up to him. She told him more about Agnes, about her many attempts to escape. Farlan would often listen politely, only speaking up to pay her a compliment. Scarlett noticed this, that he was always asking her about herself, always complimenting her. Then when Levi finally came home it would all stop. The situation confused Scarlett greatly, she had no idea what was going on but she sensed growing tension between the two, not that they would ever admit to it. She asked Isabel if she noticed any change in them but she said she hadn't. Farlan sat at the table changing the birds bandages.

"It's wing is nearly healed." He told both Scarlett and Isabel. Scarlett was drinking coffee on the sofa and Isabel was scrubbing the other sofa. The both looked up at his remark. They came over and looked at the bird.

"He should be able to fly again soon then?" Isabel asked.

"If it continues to heal the way it is currently, then yes he will be better in no time."

"Then we can finally release him." Said Isabel. The though broke all three of their hearts a bot, this bird was the thing that brought Isabel to them. It was almost as if it was part of their group. Levi was the only one who would be glad to see the bird go. He didn't like that fact that a wild animal was in his clean house. Levi wanted to put it outside where he claimed it belong but Isabel begged him to let them keep it until it got better. Levi still wouldn't budge it was only when Scarlett asked that they let the bird stay that he gave way. He had a hard tome saying no to her. Isabel gently picked thee bird up in her hands and carried it up stairs. She spook gently, soothing words to it as she went. Promising that soon he would be flying in the sun once more. Farlan accidentally dropped the roll of bandage on the floor but before he could even react, Scarlett had already picked it up and was holding it out for him to take. Looking up at her angelic face her reached out for the bandages, his fingers lightly brushed her cold hand.

"Your hands are freezing. Maybe I can warm you up." Farlan abruptly stood up, pushed Scarlett's hand with the bandages in to the side and gently kissed her on the lips. Scarlett didn't kiss back, she didn't do anything, she was frozen. Farlan wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her in. He had suspected that she wouldn't kiss him back but he didn't expect her to just stand there. She seemed completely frozen but still, he had wanted to kiss her cherry lips for so long that he wasn't just going to stop just yet. For Scarlett it was the strangest thing she had ever felt. Farlan's lips were warm and gently. He felt tall and dependable. She had never been kissed like that before. She didn't know what to do, she didn't want to kiss him back. She didn't feel that way about Farlan, she knew that when kissing someone you were meant to feel something but she felt something, she was just confused. Then it all seemed to click, she wasn't feeling anything simply because she was kissing the wring guy. The person she really wanted to be doing this with was...Levi. Scarlett unfroze from her daze and pushed hard on Farlan's chest. He toppled back, releasing her.

"I'm so sorry Farlan..." Scarlett began.

"No it's fine. I understand."

"No I think you great but it's just that..."

"It's just that I'm not Levi. I thought you might reject me but still I had to know. I love you Scarlett but I respect that the feelings are not returned." Scarlett's cheeks exploded into a bright red colour.

"I do love you Farlan but just not in the way I think you do." He smiled at her.

"Thank you Scarlett. I get it but will you please forgive me for forcing myself on you like that."

"Yes of course. I understand why you did it."

"Are you going to tell Levi?"

"Not if you don't want me too. I don't think he would care either way." Farlan patted her on the shoulder.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that. Tell you what next time you see him just touch his hand, or something, see what he does and let me know..."