The first glance at a Titan

Captain Sky rode at the front with her squad and the four closely behind her. The 38th survey corps mission was rather simple but she was worried about the four Underground rats that were in her squad. Why had the Commander put them in her squad? He knew how she felt about them, but then again that might be why he had placed them with her. It might be an exercise to see how good of a Captain she was. Captain Sky smiled to herself. If that was it she was going to make sure she did well, she might even get a promotion. Up ahead they could see the woods. That's where they were going. The many different squads began to peel off. Captain Sky and her squad were the ones on the outer wing. They were meant to take care of any Titan's that were heading towards the centre. That was were the Commander and Captain Mike were. They had to be protected, no matter what.

"Follow me!" She shouted over her shoulder as she pulled away from the rest of the survey corps. Her squad and the four followed her. They rode i to the woods in silence carefully to keep watch for any Titans. The four didn't know what to expect from a real Titan. They knew they would be nothing like the cardboard cut outs they practised on but something that huge was hard to imagine. Captain Sky led them to a small opening and stopped, turned to address them all.

"Alright our mission is simple. Kill any Titan that comes close to us. Place yourselves in the trees and keep quiet, we will get a sign when the time comes for us to move out. Before that time comes we remain here and wait for our orders." Everyone got of their horse and used their 3DM gear to climb into the trees. Isabel stayed close to Scarlett and Levi, trusting them to protect her. Farlan climbed in a tree next to Scarlett on the end of a small row. Scarlett was next to him, Isabel next to her and Levi on the far end. Levi leaned against the tree feeling frustrated.

"Tch, so were just meant to sit here and wait to get ambushed by those things. Yeah great plan, if you want to get everyone killed." Levi said under his breath, then he heard a loud noise from beside him. When he looked his eyes laid on the most disgusting thing he had ever seen. A Titan. It was coming towards them fast and they others in his squad hadn't seemed to notice it.

"Idiots, of they aren't paying attention how do they expect to live."

"Levi!" He heard Isabel call next to him. He face looked terrified as she stared at the Titan. Levi didn't want to fight the thing but he guessed that this was his job now. To take those things down. He turned and jumped down from his tree using his 3DM gear to close in on the Titan. Isabel watched him leave. She didn't know what to do. She was terrified by that thing but seeing Levi charge into action like that gave her strength, and so she followed him.

"Isabel!" Scarlett called as she saw her fly into the trees after Levi. Scarlett knew that Levi could take care if the Titan by himself. He didn't need Isabel there. She might get hurt. Scarlett was about to go after them when Farlan landed next to her.

"Scarlett they will both be fine. Let them do this, we need to stay here and pay attention. No one else seems to anyway." Scarlett frowned but stayed in her position and watched as Levi and Isabel took down a 7m Titan together. Isabel acted confident in her movements but Scarlett knew all too well that on the inside she would be terrified. Levi did most of the work, taking the Titan down as if it were the easiest thing in the world with the same blank expression he wore for everything. The Titan fell to the floor and Isabel and Levi appeared back in their places. Soon Captain Sky appeared on the same branch as Levi.

"Good work there Cadet." Said said with a little smile. Scarlett glared at her. She was standing way to close to Levi. Scarlett felt something she had never felt before. Jealousy. It wasn't a feeling she was fond of.

"Good work because you didn't even spot the damn thing." Captain Sky glared at Levi.

"Of course I spotted it. I didn't say anything because I wanted to see what you were capable of."

"I very much doubt that you would risk the lives of your whole squad just to test me." Levi said leaning back on the wall.

"Looks like the great 'Captain Sky' had been out done by 'Underground rats' once again." Said Isabel making Scarlett and Farlan chuckle a little. Captain Sky glared at them all.

"Just because you managed to take down one Titan don't get cocky and think your an expert." Then she jumped down from Levi's tree and vanished.