Just part of the plan

Levi was pined to the wall. The blond guy was in front of him, placing a sword to Levi's throat. Levi still had his knife in one hand.

"Stop!" Shouted the blond man. "Take a look around you." He looked to his right to see some people come into view. First was a man in a green coat holding onto Farlan and his removed 3DM gear. Then there was a woman carrying two sets of 3DM gears and with Isabel and Scarlett. Levi felt rage build up inside him as he looked at Scarlett. She had blood dripping down her face from a cut on her cheek and her leg was bleeding too. The girl in the green coat looked a lot worse though. She had more blood pouring down her face and her nose looked broken. Isabel looked completely unharmed. Scarlett must have been trying to protect her, that's why they had been captured.

"Levi!" Farlan called out. Levi, knowing they had been defeated dropped his knife and it fell to the floor. The blond man let him go and they moved apart.

"You're quick at reading the situation." He said as he put his sword away. Levi glared hatefully at him, he had been the one to order their capture and probably the one to give the order to hurt anyone who resisted, that meant that when it cam down to it, it was his fault Scarlett was hurt...

Levi was ordered to remove his 3DM gear and was place in handcuffs. They other three were also place in handcuffs and the four knelt on the ground in a line, in front of the blond man who was clearly the leader of the group.

"I'll ask a few questions." He said to them.

"Where did you get this?" He said holding up the 3DM gear. The four stayed completely silent. Levi was holding his head down in shame. Scarlett however was thinking back to everything that lead up to this point. How and why where they captured? 

"You guys are skilled with 3DM gear. Who taught you all that?" Scarlett gasped as everything clicked together in her mind. Everyone looked at her.

"It was all planned." She said aloud. "All planned right firm the moment we met that old man." The blond man, interested by her words moved and stood in front of her. "You must have been watching us for a long time, planned to catch us. You must have alerted the Military police and that's why they came after us so quickly that day but when we defeated them you knew you yourself had to step in. That's when we went into hiding because we knew something was up. You needed a way to draw us out. So you did research, somehow found out about Jan and used him to get us to meet that strange man in the carriage. After he promised us money and the chance to live on the surface we became blind. So desperate to get out of this place that we didn't think it through. If we did we could have seen all this a lot sooner. The job offer wasn't real, we didn't stop to think about why someone from the surface would ask people from the Underworld to do such a thing. We were blinded and stupid, you're plan worked and now we are trapped." The blond man was very impressed by her reasoning skills. The other three were thinking about what she had said and knew she was right. All of that was true, it was the only explanation for everything. They had been stupid. Levi was mentally yelling at himself. He was the leader he should have made the connections sooner, then they would be in that mess.

"You must be ghost girl. Tell me, what's your real name?" Scarlett stayed quiet not wanting to answer his question. The blond man looked at the girl who had fought Scarlett. She was glaring at the girl who had broken her nose. "It's very impressive, what you managed to do to Sky. She is one of the Survey corps best soldiers."

"She is one of your best soldiers?" Scarlett questioned.

"Why is that such shocking news?"

"Because her movements were slow, delayed and predictable." The girl clenched her fist. Scarlett saw her getting angrier but knew she wouldn't hurt her in front of her superior. "But her biggest down fall was her cockiness. She thought she was so much better than me because she is from the surface, I took it apon myself to teach her that she was wrong. Having said that though her movement her powerful and her form was almost perfect. She also managed to easily read the strong bond I share with my comrade and used that to her advantage."

"So, are you impressed by my soldier?"

"Not at all. She played dirty because she knew that if she didn't she would have lost the fight. There is no respect or glory in winning a fight under those conditions."

"But she still managed to cut your face badly though."

"In my defence that was because I have never held a sword before."

"You used a sword?" The blond man questioned.

"After she broke my nose I dropped on of them she picked it up and used it against me." Sky spoke up.

"And was she good with it?"

"I'm reluctant to say it but yes she was incredibly good. Especially for someone who was never even held a sword before. She managed to bloke most of my attacks even when I wasn't holding back."

"That's very impressive. You must have a very high pain thresh hold to still be standing after taking a large blow to the head and two 3 inch cuts into your cheek and leg. You don't seem to mind the sight of you own blood at all. It does make me wonder what type of life you have lived to be at ease with you own blood and be so indifferent to pain..."