To defend her honour

Levi woke up early the next morning. He got dressed and was about to go downstairs when he noticed that Scarlett and Isabel's door was opened slightly. Very quietly he nudged the door open with his right hand. He saw Isabel spread out sleeping on her bed and then his eyes travelled to Scarlett. She was curled up in a tight ball, her fist clenched. Even in her sleep she was ready for a fight, she had learned that she had to be living out on the streets. The blanket had fallen of her revealing that she was wearing only a small black vest and some black pants. Levi looked at her long slender legs and her flat toned stomach. She shivered in her sleep. Levi walked in the room and picked the blanket off the floor. Very slowly he draped it on her, running his hand up her legs but being careful not to actually touch in case she awoke. She stirred slightly in her sleep but didn't wake up. Levi gently stroked the side of her face. She loved so peaceful when she was asleep. He bent down and placed a single kiss on her forehead and then left her to sleep in peace...

Levi walled down the streets. He had to find them a job. It couldn't be a big one Levi still wasn't sure if they were out of the woods yet but they others were right. They had no food and hardly any money left. He needed to find a job that had decent pay and they could do without drawing attention to themselves. Levi wasn't even sure that there was a job like that. Almost everyone in the Underground had heard what he could do, they knew mostly who he has. For someone like him to ask for a low key job wasn't really going to fly with most people. Levi walked down the street calmly but his eyes flicked to the floor where he saw three dark figure following him.

"Tch."'said Levi to himself. He would have to deal with these guys if they continued to follow him. Unfortunately the did continue to follow him. Levi tilted his head to the side and instantly recognised the man at the front as the scar faced man who was after Scarlett when they first met her. The other two were the same ones who had hurt his head and the one that got winded. The one with the broken leg must still be at home recovering. They all glared angrily and him. They wanted to make him bleed badly. Levi turned down a corner where they were sheltered from the publics eye. Like he expected the three followed him. He had to get rid of them without causing a scene. He turned to face them with his cold expression.

"What do you pigs want?" He said through gritted teeth. The three stopped and glared at him.

"We want the girl back." Said scar face as Levi now started to think of him as. Levi hated the way he referred to Scarlett as 'the girl' like she was an object that he owned. She wasn't an object, she was a human being. One of the bravest people Levi had ever met. She was amazing to him in every way and this idiot was too blind to see her for what she really was.

"You want her your going to have to go through me." Scar face clenched his fist but one of the men behind him nudged his arm. The man had bandages around his head, they were old and dirty, covered in blood. The guy really needed to learn to clean up after himself, Levi thought. He hated dirty things. Scar face looked at him with an angry expression.

"We need to avoid messing with this guy. You remember what happened last time. We just need to get the girl and leave him the hell alone. This guy might be short but he is dangerous."

"What makes you think I'm going to ever hand her over to you?" Said Levi getting their attention.

"Why do you care so much?" Asked the third man. "She is nothing more than a prostitute." Levi shot daggers at the man. Scarlett was not a prostitute. He didn't care what these guys said, she wasn't. Levi was getting angrier and these guys by the second. He felt a great need to defend Scarlett's honour. No one called the one he loved a prostitute. Scar face smiled amused at the tiny mans clenched fist. He didn't show it but he was actually terrified of the guy.

"I wouldn't do anything rash." He told Levi. "You don't want to get in any more trouble with the Reaper gang do you?" The Reapers? These guys were part of that gang? Levi remembered the first time he met Farlan he had fought nine members of that gang. They were the biggest gang in the Underground. They had countless members and the man in charge was said to be very wealthy. The only way he got like that though she by playing dirty. He killed without a second thought, he blackmailed families into giving him everything they had and he took young woman off the streets and forced them into prostitution, just like he did with Scarlett. Levi's fist unclenched and Scar face's smile widened.

"Looks like the little man is scared now."

"Not scared." Said Levi in a deep and angry voice. "Just thinking about how pathetic that gang have got if they are letting people like you join."

"I'd watch that mouth of your punk." Said Scar face getting angrier. Levi wasn't done there though.

"Tch, you have tell you boss to send his best men but her is never laying another filthy hand on her."

"That's it, I'm taking you down." He ran at Levi but he just stayed still waiting from him to get close enough. Then he kicked him clean in the face. The fell backwards and the other two came at him with there heads lowered. Levi simply grabbed then both by the hair. They squirmed the get free and Levi smashed their heads together hard. They both fell to the floor and laid completely still, unconscious. Scar face was moaning on the floor. Levi went over and kicked him in the stomach. He stomped on his fingers and the snapped loudly. Wailing Scar face moved away from Levi and holding his hand he attempted to stand. Levi came towards him again and pushed him in the face, making his nose bleed. Scar face fell onto his butt but Levi grabbed him by the scruff of the neck. He lifted him up and pinned him against the wall, glaring at him. Levi brought his knee up and kneed him in the stomach. Scar face coughed up blood and it went all over Levi's clean shirt.

"The girl you keep referring to has a name, it's Scarlett you ugly son of a bitch..."