Chapter 1 "im not a quitter"

All rights remain to the respective owner, aquariusmind. I am posting the full story for the enjoyment of the viewers...Some content, characters names, and chapter names have been changed. Grammatical errors have been fixed; however, I am not a professional. Please, be patient. It may be very porny, and full of suss. You have been warned. Welcome and hang on tight! Thank you! Enjoy!

Chapter 1: I'm Not A Quitter

Meredith's Point-of View

"You froze in surgery." She growled, pacing back and forth in her office. "You FROZE in surgery!"

"I was nervous, first day." I mumbled though I knew better.

"You! Froze!" she growled, "Of all the things I taught you, of all the favors I pulled to get you into THIS program. You had a moment to prove yourself and you FREEZE!"

"Yes." I sighed, "I froze, and I'm sorry. I am here to learn, I want to learn. It's just so overwhelming I wasn't expecting to be put in that position on my first day."

"Any surgeon would KILL to be in that position on their first day, I'm sure your little overeager friend Cristina wouldn't have frozen."

"Then, why not choose her to be your little pet!" I hissed back, again; I knew better.

"Maybe I will." She hissed through her teeth, I cowered back. I knew that when her face was red and the vein in the middle of her forehead was bulging that it was time to just shut up and ride out the storm. "I want you out of my sight."

"Fine." I sighed, "I'll just go find Dr. Bailey for another assignment."

"No, I want you out of my sight and off the floor."

"What!" I gasped, "I'm a surgeon."

"YOU are not a surgeon." She growled "You think you want to be a surgeon, but surgeons don't freeze in their OR. Surgeons are at the top of their game whether it's their first day or their last day, they never lose anthem, and they can do it with their eyes closed! So, until you prove otherwise, you can go spend some time up in Oncology where they won't mind you killing the patient, hell the patients are probably begging for it!"

I flinched as I heard the door slam behind her and let out my first breath since entering her office. I knew I should be used to it; I was accustomed to her lectures and scrutiny by now. But today...my first day, even though I knew nothing about the real life of a surgeon...Kill me if I wanted to impress the woman.

I stood up and shuffled my walk of shame to the elevator and took it up to the seventh floor as instructed. The nurse at the head station was waiting for me and handed me a single chart but wore a sympathetic expression. Apparently, she was familiar with the chief of General Surgery too.

"Your patient Dr. Grey." She said softly, I grabbed the chart and she leaned in before letting go "Just let her cool off, she'll get over it if you just wait it out."

"Thank you." I sighed with a flat smile "I know." I flipped the chart open "So, what do I have here?"

"Room 7213." She answered, "32-year-old patient, he's been battling stage 4 Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma for the last ten years. Been hospitalized since last month, waiting his condition improvement before doing surgery to remove his tumors."

"Stage four." I gasped "For ten years? How is this guy still alive?"

She smirked as we stopped outside the door "He's a fighter." She replied, "Your job is to get him better so your mother can slice him open." I glanced up at her with a grotesque expression, she held her hands up in defense "Those were your mother's words, not mine."