Chapter 10 "the kiss"

Derek's Point-of-View

"You know, usually when I spend the day in bed with a woman...nudity is involved."

She giggled against my shoulder that she was leaning on as she flipped through the channels, stopping it on some stupid soap opera.

"Yeah, well I'm probably going to get my ass handed to me as it is." She answered, "I would get fired and probably lose my medical license if anyone walked in on us naked together."

"So, the trick is to not get caught." I smirked.

She giggled again, and I swore that I would never get tired of hearing that sound. For some reason I craved to hear it, I wanted it to be the only sound in the world to me.

"So persistent." She sighed "If only you were this tenacious about not dying."

"You know what's not making me very tenacious about life?" I rolled my eyes "This crap you have on my TV. Isn't the television station supposed to be the patient's choice?"

"It was the patient's choice, but the patient decided to just give up on life. That shows poor judgment on the patient's part, so now the soap addicted intern is picking out television choices."

"This garbage is giving me a headache." I whined.

"Maybe you should get better so you can get up and leave the room when crappy TV is on." She sighed, "Besides, this stuff is somewhat entertaining. This amnesia chick used to be with the hot Latin guy. Then some scary stalker chick pushed her off a bridge because she wanted hot Latin guy. The amnesia chick lost her memory, so hot Latin guy's brother swooped in and married her. Scary stalker girl got pregnant with some random guy's baby and is telling hot Latin guy it's his, so she can trap him into a shot gun wedding."

I was all kinds of confused but slightly amused and a tid bit scared that she actually followed this crap. She looked over at me after hearing my silent response, she rolled her eyes and let out a sigh.

"It's so stupid, it's funny." She explained "When you study 24/7 for a medical board exam, you need a break before you snap. The only thing on was this crap so I kind of got into it."

"Kind of?"

"You know what really scares me about this crap?"

"What." I humored her.

"That scary stalker chick reminds me of your favorite nurse Rose." She smirked, "And hot Latin guy reminds me of you."

"Whoa!" I defended with a shaking of my head, "Ok I can see the scary stalker chick being overbearing pensive nurse Rose. For starters, I wouldn't let my dick touch her with a ten-foot pole, so her getting accidentally knocked up is, no... Secondly, I am not a hot Latin guy."

"Maybe not Latin." She smirked with a waggle of her eyebrows, "You're definitely hot." I rolled my eyes, "Maybe the reason you're so grumpy with life is that you haven't gotten laid in a while. Do you think if you freshened up your gonads, you'd be a little more optimistic about your outcome?"

I grinned, "I'd be willing to test out your theory, Dr. Grey."

"Not on me!" she squirmed, "I mean getting a hot nurse to come in here and give you a hand... or more than a hand."

"There are no hot nurses in this hospital." I sighed "Secondly, no one wants to look at a shriveled-up cancer guy like that. People just look at me like I'm circling the drain. You on the other hand, are the one in my bed."

"Well, I don't see you as a shriveled-up cancer guy."

"Enlighten me." I scoffed, "What else could you possibly see me as? I'm a poster boy for the disease, I've lost all my hair, I've lost 50 pounds, I only leave this bed to pee and that's only a recent development. Don't get me started on the surgical scars I've lost count of."