Chapter 26 "oh shit!"

Derek's Point-of-View

"What are you doing here Addison?" I growled.

She was blocking me. The gentleman that I was kept myself from doing what I wanted to do. I wanted to throw her out the window, then chase after Meredith... Hopefully, she wasn't halfway to Mexico by now. God, I was such an idiot...

"Your sister called me with the good news." She sighed as she put her hand on her hip "At least she thought I deserved to know that you are alive. I wanted to come see for myself."

"Why." I scoffed, "So, you could finally collect on my life insurance policy?"

"Oh, come on Derek don't be so petty." She rolled her eyes "We were married for 11 years; you should know that I don't care about money."

"You left me for an heiress." I spit "all you care about is money...just like your mother."

She gasped in offense "John and I...well we just happened ok."

"Running a red light, happens. Tripping over a stick on the sidewalk, happens. Making the conscious decision to sleep with someone that isn't your husband after 9 years of marriage...doesn't just happen."

"Look I was having a hard time!" she whined "Taking care of you was getting exhausting. Your cancer going away and coming back all the time was exhausting! I was tired Derek...tired of being the caretaker and ...and John, well he was there. Things got disproportioned and I'm sorry."

"You are way past the point of apologizing."

"How long are you going to stay bitter about this Derek?"

I pressed my lips together and glared at her, "How is Tyler?"

Her eyes narrowed back "Why do you have to go there...Tyler is none of your business."

"You have a bastard child with your adulterating sugar daddy and tried to pass it off as mine in the beginning to try and hide your affair. When you knew that between the chemo and exhaustion, I couldn't father a child..." I shook my head in disgust, "It kind of is my business."

"He is with John." She whispered in shame, "It's his custody weekend."

"Wow." I scoffed and shook my head, "You and John split up after a year. Now, you think you can just come crawling back?"

"Well..." she gulped, "Yes."

"Get out of my sight." I hissed as I grabbed my bag off the bed and charged out the door...unfortunately the sound of high-priced heels followed me.

"Derek, wait." She said following me, "Listen to me...I feel bad about what I did. I thought a lot about my actions, and how I had wronged you after you up and left everyone to think you were dead. I want to make things right, Derek. Please just give me a chance to make it up to you?"

"You want to make it up to me?" I asked as I pushed the button for the elevator "Sign the divorce papers I sent you over a year ago."

"You don't even want to try?" she whined again, "This could work Derek; this could really make our relationship stronger."

"Oh yeah." I said flatly as I stepped onto the elevator, "If this was a hell dimension."

Her face fell into an arrogant scoff as she stepped on too and crossed her arms into a pout.

"Is this because you have a girlfriend?" she asked, I winced in pain as if I could feel the pain Meredith was in at the moment...I had to get to her "She's cute... Has the whole wide-eyed-ooh-he's-a-brain-surgeon thing going for her."

"This ice you're on?" I hissed through my teeth, "Thin."

"Let's talk about this."

"I'm done talking to you Addison." I sighed with annoyance. The doors opened and I looked to see Ma standing there with two cups of coffee.

"Oh there you are, all ready to go now?" she asked, then she spotted Addison behind me and looked like she'd seen a ghost "Addison?"

"Ma!" she smiled as if she was her best friend. Ma didn't share the same expression.

"What...what is Addison doing here?" she frowned at me, then looked panicked "Where is Meredith?"

"I haven't seen her." I gulped "Not since Addie interrupted us."

"It's not like you two were talking." Addison scoffed.

"You really do get enjoyment out of ruining relationships, don't you?" Ma addressed the question to the devil behind me. I thought I heard her jaw drop, but I saw a tiny woman in blue scrubs stumble out of an exam room and it caught my attention.

"Meredith!" I yelped as I almost body checked my mother to get off the elevator. "Meredith!"

She looked up at me panicked, her puffy eyes narrowed at me as if she would slice me in half with laser beams if she could...I don't blame her. She turned to make her run when another doctor, a tall pretty blonde one ran into her.

"Oh!" she said as she steadied her, then dropped a large white bottle in Meredith's hands "Here you almost forgot your prenatals, twice a day and take them with food so you don't hurl so much."

I stood there looking back and forth in utter confusion before it all started to slowly sink in and make sense. The tall blonde glanced up from an awkward yet glaring Meredith holding a bottle of pre-natal vitamins to see me, she gasped with her wide brown eyes.

"Oh shit!"

It suddenly clicked as to why Meredith would need to take pre-natal vitamins, why she was so pale and tired looking, why she was so emotional lately, and why her normal body temperature was rising, seeing as women carrying unborn fetuses tend to run hot while their body is working hard to harbor and grow their child.

"Oh shit." I mumbled in shock.

Meredith threw me a look that could kill, it faded into a look of strain as she suddenly grabbed her stomach and reached out to anchor her other hand on my shoulder.

"Ohhhhh shit." She whimpered...and then bent over to hurl all over my feet.