Chapter 27 "scared"

Meredith's Point-of-View

"Oh god." I whimpered as I cupped my mouth and stared at the puddle of vomit at Derek's feet. I looked up with panic at the man I couldn't decide whether I wanted to kill or kiss.

His face was a little strained but for the most part mute, he wrapped his hand softly yet sternly around my upper arm and stepped away from the vomit as he guided me into the exam room that I'd just come out of. I jerked my arm away from him and stumbled a few feet until my back hit the bed.

"Don't touch me." I hissed under my breath as my anger was still winning over. I smelled a wiff of something terrible and glanced at his vomit covered shoes and winced, "Sorry about your shoes."

"They're just shoes." He mumbled, "Ones that Addison bought me so I am gladly going to throw them away."

I glared through my forming tears as I felt another wave of nausea roll through my stomach, and I gurgled as I cupped my mouth again. Derek turned to the sink and filled a Dixie cup with water and handed it to me, I took it graciously and gulped it down to get the taste of vomit out of my mouth. I returned to my glaring as soon as the cup was empty. His eyes searched me, he looked frustrated and confused to say the least.

"You're pregnant!" he half yelled, half whispered. "Why didn't you tell me?"

I scoffed "Why didn't you tell me you are married?"

"Are you planning on giving me a detailed history of your past relationships?"

I rose my brow, "That's easy. I don't have a relationship history...you and me and this fucked up little situation we have going on right here is the closest god damn thing I have to a relationship."

His face fell and his mouth formed the letter "o" as he breathed "Oh."

"And for your information I just found out, literally 20 seconds after I left you and Mrs. Fabulous to talk about your married bliss." I spat "Forgive me if I didn't feel like turning around and interrupting you."

He glanced at my stomach and gulped, "Is it mine?" My eyes widened with rage, and I am pretty sure I turned a few different shades of crimson as he suddenly cowered down "Ok bad question. I was just..I...well I didn't think I could."

"I guess we're both a little surprised then." I muttered "Don't worry I won't let it get in the way of you and your wife."

"Addison isn't important to me anymore. She's not my wife...well not really."

"You're either married or you're not Derek. There is no in between."

"We're separated." He sighed "She left me when I fell out of remission last time, she couldn't take it anymore and she found someone who wasn't sick, and they have a 13-month-old son. I sent her divorce papers a year ago, and she never signed them."

"She left you." I gulped as I suddenly went from angry to heartbroken as I read all the pain written across his face.

"Yes." He whispered as he took a step towards me. I backed up towards the door and glared at him. "Meredith please..."

"No." I growled "That still doesn't explain why you never felt I needed to know about her."

"I was waiting for the right time."

"You know when would've been a good time!" I hissed "How about the time that I told you I loved you, the time that I started taking my clothes off, or how about the first day you started flirting with me...before any of the rest of it! That would have been a good time!"

"Meredith, I know you're upset, I understand how you feel."

"Somehow, I doubt that!" I shrieked as my anger peaked, "If you did you would run for your life right now instead of trying to trap me in a room with one door. I am this close to dragging your ass down the hallway and throwing it down the stairwell! Considering how much I just worked my own ass off trying like hell to save your life, it would be a huge waste!"