1 - A New Reality

There are 3,461 minutes of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. 29 movies, 4 tv shows - over 57 hours of pure entertainment. Cassie Bellman had seen all of it.

    Whether it was on her laptop during class or the midnight releases, she had consumed every ounce of content that the MCU had to offer. She sat in the lower quad of her school, reading alone at a table in the hot California weather. As she turned to the next page of her comic, a voice boomed from the other end of the courtyard.

    "Yo Bellman!" the voice yelled.

    Cassie set down her comic. "Shit," she mumbled to herself, slowly turning around to face her caller. It was Madison Monroe. "What Madison?" Cassie responded, tired of the constant harassment she went through by her.

    "I heard from a little bird that you were checking out Aaron in class yesterday." Madison had walked up to her table, standing tall over her with her two goonies by her side. "What are we gonna do about that?"

    Cassie shoved her comic back in her bag before shimmying out from the table. "I wasn't checking out your boyfriend, Madison." She started to walk away, wanting to move on with her day when she felt them start to follow her.

    "You better not be! He's mine and you can't go near him. So get your slimy little eyes off of him before I make you."

    Stopping in her tracks, she turned back to face her. "I would never go near him, he has two left feet and an IQ of 10, not my type," Cassie said, half-jokingly.

    "Bitch!"

    "I'm so happy you're all caught up!" She turned to walk away, but a handheld her back, gripping her wrist tight.

    "You are gonna pay for that, Bellman-" Before Madison could threaten her anymore, the bell rang. The courtyard became busy as students got up from their seats and rushed off to class. Madison was caught off guard by the sound which Cassie used to release herself from her grasp, walking to her English class before anyone noticed she was gone.

    Cassie could hear her name being called in the distance but with all the kids surrounding her, she knew Madison couldn't catch up. She sighed as she made her way into her next class. Madison didn't look like it but she had a mean right hook and Cassie couldn't afford to be on the end of her fist again.

    Taking a seat in the back of the class, she pulled out her comic again. Class started and the lesson plan began but Cassie couldn't even remotely pay attention. Even though she was rather good at English, science, and math were always her best subjects. She found that if she read during class and paid attention during the last 10 minutes she was pretty much set.

    Turning back to her comic she began to read. The second Spider-Man: No Way Home trailer had just dropped and the plot seemed eerily similar to a comic she had read when she was younger- Spider-Man: One More Day. She had read it with her dad, back when he was actually around and was paying attention to her. Now that she was in high school, she figured it was time for a refresher.

━─━─━━─━「₪」━━─━─━─━

    When Cassie got home from school, it was no surprise to her that her parents weren't home. Both of them worked constantly, barely making room in their schedules to see their only child. She threw her bag down on the couch with force and sighed. The day had been long and boring. On Thursdays, she shared a class with Skylar a "family friend" that she had still never figured out how they knew. It was clear, based on the little interactions they had, that her parents had forced her to befriend Cassie. If that was truly the case, she was doing a pretty shitty job.