9 - Siberia

Cassie and Tony walked into the facility, the cold following them through the open door. It was a rusty place, one that had been abandoned for a long time. The hallways twisted and turned in so many directions she hoped Tony knew where he was going. They approached a large door. Cassie moved forward and pushed the open button on the control panel but nothing happened. Tony stepped forwards using the suit thrusters to help open the door.

As the mechanisms or the door screeched open, Cassie could hear the rustling of guns on the other side. Tony ushered her behind him, putting up his hands as they entered the unfamiliar territory. They turned the corner into the new corridor; they turned to the right and sighed with relief. Steve and Bucky stood prepared at the other end of the hall. Cap's shield was up Bucky with his gun ready behind him. He relaxed when he saw the familiar faces of Tony and Cassie.

Tony walked forward first, the helmet of his suit retracting. "You seem a little defensive," he said sarcastically.

Steve walked forward to meet him. "It's been a long day."

Bucky remained behind him, his gun still at the ready. Tony spoke to him. "At ease, Soldier. I'm not currently after you."

"And what about the girl?" Bucky questioned, motioning his gun to Cassie.

Steve looked behind Tony to see Cassie. She smiled weakly and waved at him. "Hey, Cap," she said.

"You brought her here, Tony?" Steve asked.

"I insisted," Cassie spoke up before Tony had time to say anything. "To make sure you two boneheads don't fuck everything up." She mumbled, "language," to herself though it was clear Steve heard. "It's a famous line on my earth," she added.

"Steve," Bucky called out unsure of what to do. He kept his gun raised at them.

"She's not gonna hurt you she's fourteen," Tony spoke to him.

Cassie glanced at him. "I'm sixteen."

"Why are you here?" Steve asked, Bucky still with his gun raised behind him.

"Could be your story's not so crazy," Tony replied.

"Maybe."

"Ross has no idea we're here. I'd like to keep it that way... Otherwise, I gotta arrest myself."

"Well, that sounds like a lot of paperwork." Tony scoffed as Steve finally lowered his shield. "It's good to see you, Tony... you too Cassie."

"You too, Cap."

"You too Capsicle," Cassie said with a smile. Both the men turned to look at her with surprise. "What? I know things," she added with a shrug.

Both of them let out a small chuckle as some of the tension in the air faded. Tony looked back up at Bucky who still had his gun raised, not wanting to let down his guard so fast. "Hey, Manchurian Candidate, you're killing me. There's a truce here. You can drop..."

Slowly, Bucky lowered his gun, glancing back and forth between the two new people in front of him. "We think it's down this way," Steve said pointing to the hallway perpendicular to them."

Tony started down the corridor. "I'll lead the way."

Steve followed him and Bucky began to move too. Cassie was once again freaking out. While Peter Parker in this universe was cute - she had to admit - her favorite two actors in the MCU were Chris Evans and Sebastian Stan. She walked up to him and held out her hand. "I'm Cassie," she introduced herself.

He looked down at her hand and back up to meet her eyes. "Bucky," he replied blatantly, not reaching to shake her hand.

"I know you won't hurt me." Cassie left her hand out, hoping he would take it."