23 - The Truth

Cassie's head was on fire. Not a literal fire, but the pounding in her head made it feel like one. She opened her eyes to see that she was still in the container she and Peter had fallen into. As hard as she tried to stop the events from the Spider-Man: Homecoming from happening, she had no luck. The fight ended with Peter falling into the transportation box. She had teleported inside to get him out but that was the exact moment he had tried to jump and escape, hitting her on his way down.

Sitting up from her place on the ground, she felt a weight on her chest. Peter was still laying on top of her unconscious from his jump. He laid on his back, his head nuzzling into her legs. Carefully, she shook him awake.

"Peter, wake up."

The minute she pushed him he shot up straight, the eyes on his suit going crazy before he pulled off the mask. "What? What happened!?" he said almost out of breath.

"You knocked us unconscious," she told him, standing up and reading an arm out to help him, he took it.

They looked around the container they were still in. "We stopped moving. Do you think they took up to their secret lair?"

Cassie shook her head. She knew exactly where they were. "I don't think so, Peter."

He ignored her, putting her mask back on and grabbing a weapon from one of the shelves. "Okay, I'll blast the door open and you have that whip thing you do ready to take down anyone that comes after us."

"Peter, we're not in danger-"

"On the count of three. One, two, three!" He blasted the door open, the metal screeching as it glided across the floor. Peter jumped out of the container before realizing that no one was there. He turned back to see Cassie still standing in the box. He dropped the weapon. "Thanks for having my back, he said sarcastically.

"I told you we aren't in a secret lair. It's a warehouse," she said again. She stepped out of the box and sighed. Cassie raised her arms and tried to make a portal but something within the room kept her from doing so. "I think there are shields or something enabled in here I can't teleport us out."

Peter took off his mask again. "How did you know that?"

"How do I know that there are shields up?"

"No, that we were in a warehouse."

"I just do.." she said, walking towards the giant door.

"Come on, tell me!" He said, catching up to her.

"I can't, Peter..." she ignored him again.

"Why not? I thought we said we would tell each other everything from now on..."

"Peter, I can't tell you all right just let it go."

"No."

Cassie furrowed her brows and turned to look at him. "No?" she repeated.

"You heard me. No. You said that you would tell me everything once you were feeling better. Well, guess what? You're better and you still aren't telling me."

She was taken aback by his sudden rage. Cassie could tell he bottled it up for a long time and the top finally came loose. "Peter-" she tried to explain but he cut her off again.

"First, you lie about being Pythia, then you tell me it's okay, you're going to tell me everything soon. And now we're right back to the secrets. I can't do this anymore Cassie! I keep noticing it more and more; little things starting to add up."

"Like what?"

"Like how when I first met you as Pythia, you knew exactly where to be to make sure Mr. Delmar's shop didn't blow up; or how about tonight? You told Liz that we would be in the business center, without even talking to me before and you just happen to make up the same excuse?"