31 - The Wedding

Summer break had been nothing like Cassie had ever experienced before. Back on her earth, she spent her days alone in her room, watching marvel videos and never seeing daylight. But here, she was busier than ever.

    Peter had officially moved in for the summer, enlisting Cassie to help decorate his new room. She had to admit, she loved how it turned out. He had posters everywhere, ranging from movies to video games to cheesy math puns Tony found online. He moved in a bunch of his books and CD's, cause for some reason the boy still lived like it was the early 2000s, and brought the first laptop he ever made from scraps so he could work on upgrading it.

    After he had finally gotten used to his new room and environment, with a new training schedule and daily meetings, Peter finally got to go on a mission. He was ecstatic, sitting in the quintet next to Cassie and some of his fellow Avengers as they performed a rescue mission on some missing doctors effortlessly. He could really get used to this lifestyle.    

    As the summer went on, Cassie and Peter got to go on many more dates, Peter finally working up the courage to officially ask her to be his girlfriend, to which she happily agreed. They got to celebrate her birthday together, and eventually Peter's later in the summer. He loved that he could be open with her around the compound, not having to worry that Mr. Stark would be looming around the corner any minute. Of course, Tony had been a little freaked out when they told him but a little talking to Pepper calmed him down.

    Peter was grateful for that, otherwise, he wouldn't be where he was, standing in a tuxedo, in line with the other groomsmen. He peered over his shoulder and saw Cassie standing opposite him with the other bridesmaids, her smile stretching wide across her face as she watched her "aunt and uncle" finally get hitched. He turned his attention back to the ceremony as Tony started his vows.

    "Let's be honest," Tony began. "I don't think any of us could predict that I would be standing here getting married today..." The people in amongst the small crowd of those who were invited chuckled. "...especially to my beautiful soon-to-be wife. Pepper, I know how much you hate my big speeches so I am going to make this one short and sweet. You are the love of my life, and I couldn't picture myself with anyone but you. You make me a better person every day from the moment you wake up to the moment you go to sleep, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

    From where Peter was standing, he could see Pepper's eyes began to swell up, trying not to cry and ruin her makeup. She turned to their officiant, close friend and recently ordained Happy Hogan - he insisted to marry them and the couple only found it fitting. Happy nodded to her, letting her know it was time for her vows.

    Cassie watched Tony smile as Pepper began to speak. She was so overwhelmed with joy. The first layer of excitement came with the fact that she was standing at Tony Stark and Pepper Potts' wedding. It was something she had thought about a lot after watching Endgame. When they got married, how the ceremony went, and now she was here living it. The second layer of joy came with the fact that now that she had spent a lot of time on Earth-199999, she had gotten to know these people. She woke up every day to see Tony, not RDJ or to see Peter, not Tom Holland. To stand at her fake aunt and uncles' wedding was the best she had felt in a long time.

    "Tony," she started her vows. "I can still remember the exact moment I fell in love with you. You called me down to your garage in Malibu and asked me to pull that disgusting arc reactor out of your chest." Tony coughed out a laugh, not expecting that to me the moment she picked. "There was something about the way you were guiding me through that slimy mess that made me fall for you, and I haven't stopped falling since. I love the man you have grown into being over these past few years and I can't see how you continue to shape me into the person I will become."