27 - Homecoming

The day had finally arrived. Today was the day that the Vulture would finally be brought to justice... and it was homecoming.

Cassie sat in her room, putting on the dress she was wearing for the night. It was nothing special; Tony had heard about the dance and sent her and Pepper on a trip to the mall with his credit card. They picked about 5 dresses to bring back that she considered wearing. She ended up going with the second one they bought.

Cassie sighed as she put on her sneakers. She was happy that wearing converse to dances was fashionable now because she didn't think that she could handle wearing heels all night.

She grabbed her small bag that had her suit in it and headed into the living room. While studying with Doctor Strange over the weekend, she had read up on an enlarging spell. It allowed the inside of objects to be bigger than they appear. This way, she was able to carry her suit in her bag and change when she got to high school.

The entire night was planned out. Find Peter, apologize profusely, and then tell him that the Vulture would be trying to rob Tony tonight. She just hoped that nothing would go wrong. Walking into the living room, she was greeted by Tony and Pepper making dinner for themselves. When she walked in, they both looked up.

"Oh, Cassie you look amazing!" Pepper exclaimed, putting down a bowl. She hit Tony on the arm. "Doesn't she look amazing?"

He cleared his throat. "You clean up nicely, Smalls. This for a certain arachnid?" Pepper elbowed him again in his side, this time harder.

"For the last time, Peter and I aren't dating!"

He shrugged. "Well, the thing is, you keep saying that and I still don't believe you."

Cassie rolled her eyes. "I'm going to portal to the school. I'll see you guys later."

"Wait!" Pepper called out making her stop. "I want a picture of you and Tony together."

"Oh no Pepper you don't have to-"

"Nonsense! Homecoming is a high school memory you're gonna wanna keep! Tony, go stand next to Cassie."

He did as he was told, walking from behind to the counter over to where Cassie was standing. "Come on, Smalls make the women happy, that's what I've learned to do." Draping an arm around her shoulder, Cassie leaned into his side.

"Okay smile! 1, 2, 3,!" They heard the sound of the phone click. "Perfect! Have fun tonight Cassie, you deserve it."

"Thanks, Pepper, you're the best fake aunt anyone could ask for," Cassie said, walking over to hug her. She turned around again and waved goodbye to Tony.

Tony waved back. "Have you thought about reconsidering?"

Cassie shook her head. "No, I won't until he does."

Tony nodded his head, excepting of his words. Pepper looked at the two of them confused. "What are the two of you talking about?" she asked.

"You can tell her," Cassie said before going to open a portal. "See ya!"

Tony called out to her one last time, "Don't forget to use a condom!"

━─━─━━─━「₪」━━─━─━─━

The gym was crowded by Midtown students as Cassie entered the dance. Music was blaring, people were dancing; it was like anyone high school dance she had been to. Cassie searched through the crowd, trying to find Peter. She had to act quickly because the quicker they moved, the faster they could take down the Vulture.