35 - Win or Lose

"Wakanda Forever!" screamed T'Challa.

    Everyone screamed the war cry back and began to charge forward. The sector opened, letting thousands of outriders begin to seep through. Cassie ran, watching Steve and T'Challa become the front runners on the charge, launching into the air and ready to attack. She stay close to Natasha as she used her spear to impale as many outriders as she could.

    She summoned the Flames of the Faltine, shooting fire at every outrider around her. As they burned to the crisp in front of them, more took her place. Taking a knife from her side she sent it flying through three creatures at once. With a sweeping motion of her hands, she summoned a blade from the mirror dimension, putting some of her hand-to-hand combat to good use.

    Over the intercoms, she heard T'Challa speak. "How much longer, Shuri?" he asked frantically.

    Cassie was able to peer across the field where she spotted T'Challa fighting, Steve hitting an outrider repeatedly with his shields.

    "Almost there, brother!" Shuri called back.

    "You might want to pick up the pace."

    Cassie sliced another outrider and watched as T'Challa began to fight again. She turned back to where Natasha was close by; four outriders swarmed her at once. 

    Cassie ran over to help. "I summon forth the shielding powers of the Vishanti!" she screamed, sending a force field to surround her and Natasha. The outriders bounced off the shield, sending them flying back. Carefully, she let the shields down.

    "Thanks," Natasha said.

    "No problem."

    A booming sound came from above, both of them looking up to see Rhoedy flying overhead, still using his guns to take down outriders by the sector entrance. Cassie looked back to where Steve and T'Challa were again, taking on the aliens together. She couldn't lose her focus for too long as more outriders came to attack her and Nat. Covering each other's sixes, they began to fight again. She summoned her mirror blade once more, liking how much damage she was able to do with it as she tore through outrider after outrider. Before long, more began to crowd them, making it harder to fight them off.

    "There's too many of them!" Nat yelled to her.

    "We just need to wait for one more moment!" Cassie yelled back.

     "For what?"

    All of a sudden, a light shot down from the sky, an axe soaring through the field destroying every outrider in its path. Cassie smirked. "For that," she said.

    The axe kept flipping through the air before it went back into the light like a boomerang. A hand emerged from light, grasping Storm Breaker. As the beam disappeared, everyone turned to look who it was. Thor stood proudly with his new weapon, Rocket the Raccoon hanging off his shoulder with a gun and Groot standing next to him.

    As they came into the clearing, Cassie could hear chuckling across the field. Bruce turned back the head of the Hulkbuster in a first of laughter. "Haha," he cackled. "You guys are so screwed!"

    Without a second thought, Thor turned towards the open sector, lighting pulsing through his entire body. He began to charge forward as fast as he could.

"Bring me Thanos!" he screamed, lunging into the air and bringing his axe down with all his might. The ground shook as lighting shot out from Storm Breaker, killing every outrider in a radius around him.

    "And now the party begins," Cassie said out loud to no one in particular.

    She and Natasha launched into full combat mode, taking out outriders 10 at a time. Cassie had to admit that despite the overwhelming feeling that today would end with half her team in dust, she was feeling pretty good about herself. Her adrenaline rose with every alien she took out, conjuring spells and fighting as she had never imagined. She barely exercised back on her earth but now she was here, after being trained by a war hero and an assassin, she was fighting like she had been doing this her entire life.