11 - Midtown High

Cassie went through 11 outfits before she landed on a simple shirt and jeans. It was her first day at Midtown high and she didn't know why she was nervous. She was still going to be a junior, just like on her earth. She would be entering a couple of weeks into the school year but she was fine with that, hoping most of what she already learned would transfer over.

    Sitting down at the counter in the kitchen, she began to eat the cereal she made herself. There was a note on the table from Tony; she picked it up and began to read:

Smalls,

    Had  to  go  into  the  city  and  get  some  things  settled  for  the  big  move. Happy  will  drive  you  to  school. You  can  come  to  visit  me  at  the  Tower  when  school  is  over  but  I'll  be  pretty  busy.

See  ya  soon,

Genius,  Billionaire,  Playboy,  Philanthropist

    Cassie chuckled at his letter as she finished off her breakfast. As she walked down the halls of the sleeping quarters, she noticed that all the doorways looked identical. She knew which one belonged to which person, even the heroes that were currently on the run. As she made it past Wanda's room, she noticed the one next door was open. She stopped in front of the door, This is Vision's room, she thought to herself.

    Cassie peered inside. The walls were plain white with no art or posters, and there were no personal belongings in sight. It wasn't odd that Vision's room was simple but to have nothing at all inside...

    Usually, his desk was covered in books from all different genres, his bedside table with a new record on to learn more about humanity. She found it odd as she continued to walk through the compound, not wanting to be late. Happy was already in front waiting for her, he would be meeting Tony at Avenger's Tower after dropping her off.

    "Hey Happy," Cassie said as she climbed into the passenger's seat.

    "Hey kid," he responded. He pulled away from the compound and onto the busy road.

    She let out a sigh, "I'm not a kid Happy, I'm 16."

    "And I don't care."

    "Hey, where did Vision go? His room was cleaned out this morning." Happy didn't answer her. Instead, he focused on the road but she could tell something was up. "Happy..." she persisted.

    "He left."

    "Left? What do you mean he left?"

    "He left how else do you want me to say it? He left in the middle of the night, left a note for Tony that he was going to find Wanda."

    Cassie leaned back in her chair. So that's what happened before Infinity War, she said to herself. "Oh."

    Happy looked at her as they exited the highway. "Oh? Vision leaves and you're not upset?"

    "I am upset but, I know he'll be fine. He finds Wanda and they are okay... At least for now."

    They pulled up to Midtown Tech High School. It was almost the first bell and kids were already rushing into the building. There was a drone flying above the school that she could see two students controlling and an unreasonable amount of science projects being carried.

    "Well, we're gonna revisit that 'for now' thing later," Happy said to her concerned as Cassie got out of the car. He rolled down the window to add one last thing. "I'll pick you up at 3."

    "No need. I'm going to stop by the tower after school. I'll just ride back with Tony or you when you're done there."

    Happy nodded. "Have fun at school!" he said sarcastically.