2 - Adjusting

"Civil War?" Steve said.

"It's your third movie. You guys should go, this is important." Everyone began to file out of the room, Steve still confused at the situation going on. As he was about to step out of the room, he felt a hand against his arm.

"Wait!" Cassie said. Steve looked down at her. Without thinking, she embraced him in a tight hug. He stood there frozen, unsure of what to do, sneaking up a glance with wide eyes at Tony who just shrugged and left, leaving Steve to deal with Cassie by himself. "I'm sorry for your loss," she whispered before letting go, leaving him even more confused.

"Right..." Steve responded. "Just stay here kid, we'll be back soon. One of us will come and get you and we'll figure the rest of this out."

Cassie gave a weak smile at brought two fingers up to her temple in a salute. "All right, Cap," she said.

Steve looked at her with furrowed brows, nodding slightly before walking out of the room awkwardly.

Cassie gave out a sigh as she sat back down on the bed in the room. She couldn't believe this was happening let alone how it was happening. She liked to rely on science and facts, and while the multiverse and different earths have been theorized throughout time, there was no definitive scientific proof to back it up. It doesn't matter at this point anyway because it happened and now she was stuck on Earth-199999.

She knew from Civil War that the meeting would be going on for at least 20 minutes, plus the long argument the Avengers had after the meeting was done. She decided to investigate the new room she was in. The movies never really paused for a long enough moment to let the audience see the complete surroundings or what was considered normal for the heroes. The room looked like a standard medbay. There were bright fluorescent ceiling lights and medical equipment all around her that she had no idea how to work. The wall the door was on was completely glass. She could see the other rooms and the tiled hallway, people in lab coats walking up and down the corridor doing their jobs.

Cassie looked to the table next to her and spotted her phone; the one she was holding when she mysteriously appeared in the sky. She picked it up, hoping that traveling to a new earth didn't erase anything she had on it. As she scrolled through her phone, she saw that all of her photos and videos seemed to stay the same. When she went online, however, everything seemed to have changed over to this new earth.

One by one, she scrolled through the news headlines. Everything felt wrong. She wasn't supposed to be here, she wasn't supposed to be engulfed in a fictional world so unlike anything she had ever experienced before. As she continued to scroll through the Daily Bugle, something she knew she had to do when she saw the website, an article spotted her eye. New Queen's Superhero Spider-Man Stops Car Crash! Right, Spider-Man hasn't joined the team yet.

As she continued to scroll through her phone, she heard a knock at the door. She looked up, she saw Tony standing in the doorway. "Sorry, that took so long. Steve had to be somewhere."

"I know. I told him I was sorry on his way out. About Peggy I mean."

"Right..." Tony said, making his way back into the room, unsure of what to say. "I still don't know if I should trust you, kid. The other Earth stuff may be plausible. But knowing everything about us..."

"I'm not lying. I have proof." Tony looked confused as Cassie made room on the bed for him to sit next to her. "My photos and videos stayed when I came to this world." She pulled up a clip on her phone that was taken by her father back in 2010. "That's me at the Iron Man 2 premiere." Younger Cassie giggled in excitement as her dad pointed out the actors from behind the camera. Screaming fans surrounded her, getting louder as the stars stepped into view. Tony looked taken back at his look-a-like.