10 - Sanctum Sanctorum

A week had passed since the Captain America: Civil War storyline ended. Tony decided to take off a little time from work and decided to spend most of it with Cassie. They had gone to the park a lot, eaten most meals together, and watched lots and lots of movies. She even decided to show him his movie that she had downloaded on her phone. There was nothing in the movie that he didn't know, and none of it would affect the timeline so why not? He was curious.

"Wow," Tony said, as the end credits rolled. "My life sounds so much more interesting with a badass soundtrack behind it."

Cassie gave out a laugh, placing her shawarma back on the table and swallowing her current bite. "It is badass. Did they get everything right? Is that what you remember?"

"Yeah, that was pretty much everything. They glossed over how long I was captured though, I was there for a long time it was... hard. It was nice to see Yinsen's face again... I don't think about him often but he's one of the reasons I am who I am today...." Cassie looked towards Tony with sympathy.

She knew from the movies he was capable of sharing his emotions though he had never expressed them to her in the short period she spent with him. "Though I do think the guy was playing me a little too sarcastically," he added, trying to pick up the mood from getting too sappy.

"Hmmm, I don't think so..."

Tony wiped his head towards her in shock. "You don't think so?"

"No, I don't. I think RDJ did a perfect portrayal of what you are like."

"We'll agree to disagree."

"Or agree. Agree with me. I am from his earth after all."

Tony could feel this argument going on forever and decided to put a stop to it. "All right," he said, leaning forward to wrap up the rest of his shawarma and standing up. "I have to get some things from my office for Pepper so you'll be on your own for the rest of the day. By the way, we are gonna be moving everything upstate soon. That means that we won't be going back and forth between the tower and the compound anymore. We sold it."

"I know, I didn't unpack any of my stuff here because I knew it would happen soon."

He nodded. "So what movie comes next in your world?"

"Well, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, and Spider-Man: Homecoming all take place around each other though I'm not sure the correct order. I think they all overlap."

"The kid gets his own movie huh?"

"He gets three."

"And Strange, that's the guy that you think can help bring you home?"

"I hope so... Hey, on your way to the compound can you drop me off in Greenwich Village? I'm gonna see if I can talk to one of his colleagues about my predicament."

"Sure."

Tony drove Cassie himself down to Bleecker Street where the New York Sanctum stood. The car was mostly silent, both of them just enjoying being in each other's company. Soon, Tony spoke up, remembering he had to tell Cassie something. "Oh, by the way, I'm sending you to school on Monday."

"What!?"

"School, you know. The place you go to learn-"

"I know what school is!"

"Well it's looking like you might be in this world a while and as your self-appointed guardian, I feel it's the responsible thing to do. You're gonna go to Midtown High, Happy can drive you in the mornings it's somewhere in Manhattan."