20 - United Nations

Because of Cassie's injury and Tony's inability to create portals, the two drove back to the compound. It was about an hour's drive away and Cassie had slept almost the entire ride there. Once back home, Tony helped her walk up to the residence floor, her using him as a walking cane.

    "The living room is yours. I'll order dinner for the three of us later tonight, for now, you need to rest," Tony told her as they walked down the hallway into the foyer in the middle of the floor.

    "The three of us? Tony, who else is here?" Cassie asked before turning her head to see someone sitting on the couch. They stood up turning around to face her. She was in shock as she saw Peter Parker standing before her with a weak smile on his face. "Peter?"   

    "I'll be in my office if you two lovebirds need me," Tony said with a wink before disappearing off down the hall again.

    She didn't pay attention to what he had said as Peter walked over to help her make her way over to the couch. "Peter what are you doing here?" Cassie asked him.

    "Mr. Stark told me you were injured," he said, helping her sit. "I-I didn't know what happened so I brought you chicken noodle soup."

    She chuckled as he handed her the container of soup. "Thanks, Pete."

    The room fell into silence. She didn't know how he felt now after finding out she was Pythia. Peter shifted in his seat next to her, moving to face her better. "I-I'm sorry I got mad at you the night of Liz's party... I understand that you can't tell me everything. I just want my friend back."   

    "No, I'm sorry. I should have told you when I saw you on top of that building."

    "Don't apologize it's my fault! I know how important it is to keep a secret identity. By my own logic, I would have to tell Aunt May I'm Spider-Man."

    She tried to give out a convincing laugh as she knew she would discover his identity very soon. "Well, then let me thank you again for coming to see me and bringing me this," she said, raising the container of soup. "You didn't have to."

    "But I wanted to... do you wanna tell me what happened? I'm still unsure how you got hurt."

    Cassie and Peter leaned back on the couch as she went into a full explanation of what had happened at the institute, leaving out all the details about her being from another world. She would tell him about it someday but now was not the time.

    "That's insane! So you got stabbed?" Peter exclaimed once she was done.

    "Yeah right here," she said, lifting her shirt to reveal a clean bandage wrapped around her side.

    Peter's eyes widened. "Woah... c-can I see it?" he asked carefully. She nodded, pulling down the bandage to reveal a large cut on her side, held together by a couple of stitches. He looked at her side and to be honest Cassie thought she would be feeling a lot more awkward in this situation. She had never been this close with a guy before, having no prior relationships or guy friends from her own world. Peter reached his hand forward but drew it back when he realized what he was doing.

    "It's okay," she told him. "You can touch it. It doesn't hurt that much anymore." He smiled at her, not making much eye contact with her as he reached out, laying his fingers over her cut. "It's gonna leave a scar."

    "Yeah, but a cool one," he told her. He touched her scar softly letting his thumb graze over the entirety of it. Even in situations like this, he made sure that she was feeling okay, always aware of other people's emotions. He pulled away, letting her recover the cut with the bandage. "The worst I've ever gotten was a cut on arm, but that was because Ned accidentally threw a knife across the room and it grazed me."