Chapter One

Chapter One

"Andi? Do you have anything to add while we're still in group?" I look up from my crossed legs and raise my eyebrows at the group director. It was going to be a cold day in Hell when I talk about MY problems in front of strange people I don't even know. Her name was Candy. Ew.

Sighing, Candy turns her legs so she faces the patient next to me. She needed to learn fast that I wasn't here to "share my feelings" like 3th grade. The room we were in was like a school cafe; ugly white walls and chairs scattered around everywhere. It's funny, reminds half of the teens in here of the place they might have hated most.

The place where I had to sleep was slightly better. It was nice, I guess. Single bed, nice closet room, medium size TV, and a pretty window view. The people said we were allowed to bring pictures and posters if we wanted to, but I never got the chance to grab any before my parents dragged me into the waiting car.

The person next to me started to cry, snapping me back to present day. She was a extremely thin, blonde haired girl, who looked to be 10. She was actually 16, I later found out. Anorexia. She started to talk but her body stated to shake with sobs. Of course multiple people were at her side, telling her to "let it out" like people do in sappy movies. I might sound ignorant for saying this, but I didn't care. All I cared about was getting out of this place.

For the moment, I couldn't take my eyes off the girl. She looked helpless, kinda like I did when I was at my worst. Only exception, I never had somebody telling me "it was alright". She finally stopped crying and started back on her story. I honestly tried to listen, but my attention was somewhere else.

I was sitting in the back, facing the door to exit, which had a window to look though. Normally the action was low and boring, but what I saw grabbed my attention and didn't let go. It was a boy, about 2 years older then me maybe, and an older man, looking about 40.

The older man must be this guys father. And by the looks of it, he looked pissed. Hands in tightly clenched fists, a few cuts and bruises on his forearm, and an irritated expression. As for his son, he looked like the typical "bad boy" type. Worn out jeans (loosely hanging on his hips), a dark blue tank top, and skater shoes. What I mainly noticed was that he had a few tattoos and his ears were pierced. I couldn't tell what the tattoos were of, because his body turned after a few minutes of staring off into space.

Only after a few seconds, I realized that he had turn to look at me. I was caught.

I bring my eyes to meet his, which were an amazing electric blue. Normally I would have looked away if caught in a situation like this, but for some reason, I couldn't. I felt awkward as I felt his eyes slowly trailed up and down my sitting body, then returning his eyes back to mine. Why was this guy here anyway?

Breaking our weird game, his father forcefully knocks his on the shoulder, telling him that it was time to go. Go where? He nodded his head to his dad, but before he left, he sent me a wink. I blushed, but only after he was out of sight. Oddly enough, I was interested in him.

No. I came here to get better and get out. That's what I plan to do.

"So, everyone, you all did a super good job today! Very proud. Well met back here tomorrow to discuss our triggers?" Candy tells the group of depressed teenagers. They all shuffle out of the room, with relief on their faces. No more talk of sadness for today. I untangle my crossed legs and stand, making my way for the door. Candy runs to the door and sticks out her arm, blocking my way. "You know, Anna, you'll have to talk eventually...." She said quietly.

I look at her with no emotion on my face, "My name is Andi, not Anna. Learn my name first." Pushing her arm out of the way, I storm out of the door and into the hallway. Running my hands through my hair, I take two deep breaths. One for now, and one for the looks I'll get while walking back to my room.

Turning the corner, and bring my hands back down to my sides, only to be knocked to the ground. Landing on my hip, I silently curse and send a look to my attacker. It was the boy from before. I quickly got to my feet and wiped my face of the nasty glare. Looking at him, I could tell he was amused by my actions.

"You alright? Didn't see you there," he says as he folds his arms across his chest.

I stumble with my words stupidly, "I'm fine, it's cool."

He smirks at me in a flirtatious way,"I saw you watching me earlier."

"You were watching me too," I respond, returning the sass.

He chuckles, "Niall", he says introducing himself.

I can feel my face heat up, "Andi." I move around his tall stature and continue down the hall so he can't see my blush.

"Your pretty hot," He calls after me.

I walk faster.

------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading again, really hope you guys are enjoying it so far. In the intro, I tried to not have Andi's problem seen "stereotypical", so I apologize if it seems that way.

10 likes and 5 reads? Love you

-TaylorMarie