Chapter Twenty Nine

*Andi's P.O.V*

Group was hard, there's no denying that. With everyone's eyes on me, it was no surprise that I stuttered and blushed through the whole thing. Candy was energetic and excited as I was sharing, but most of the other teens looked away and fiddled with themselves. They probably felt awkward as I unloaded everything all at once, while they only went week by week. Oh well, at least I said something in group. The only thing I didn't talk about was Niall, they didn't need to know everything going on between us. Not that they didn't already know, but they didn't need to hear the juicy details.

When group was over, it was only 4:37 pm so I had some time to kill before dinner. I thought about going and hanging out with Mindy or Candy, but I figured that they would want some time away from the drama that I bring. So, I stick my crappy headphones into my ear and turn on some depressing 8track and stalk the halls. With each happy face I pass, my sadness worsens and my sighs get deeper. Coming back here alone wasn't as all that I thought it was all cracked up to be. The only friends I had here other then Niall, are Mindy and Candy, who are both adults and have better things to do then entertain me.

As my legs get tired and my heart gets heavier, I near my room and pause at the door. Resting my forehead on the wood, I change the song and glance down the hall and think. I could either go to bed and try to sleep off my sadness, or I could face a fear of mine. Groaning, I roll off my door and continue down the hall.

Approaching the door, I feel around the top of the door frame and lightly laugh. They never found the key I stole to the door. I stick the key into it's slot and twist it as slow as I can, not wanting to look rushed or suspicious. Once it is unlocked, I enter through and close the heavy door behind me and make my way up the stairs to the roof once again.

Standing outside on the concert floor forced unwanted memories to wash over me. With my heart pounding against my ribcage, I proceed to walk across the roof to the center. Breathing in the familiar scent of smoke from the air, I feel my heart start to slow down. Looking around, I can still imagine the fight between Niall and Tony like it was yesterday. It was frightening, and I'm glad that the worst is over. At least, I think so.

Walking over to the edge of the building, I take a seat and close my eyes and hold my own hand, wishing Niall was here to do the same. I bite my lip and grip my hands tighter, hoping to fight back the tears that I knew were bound to fall. But I wouldn't let them as I stood up and looked out into the cloud filled sky. Blinking multiple times, I stare down at my feet and move closer to the edge. With my toes hanging off the side, I slowly close my eyes and raise my arms to let the windy air flow around me. Sighing, I squeeze my eye lids down harder, knowing that if I opened my eyes now that the ocean would flow.

As the wind blew harder, I began to sway with the breeze. Once it slowed down and my eyes were back to their normal moisture level, I take a step away from the edge. Being the uncoordinated teenager that I am, my right foot rolls its self on a loose nail I fall forward onto the cement. With my heart beating faster then ever before, I curse as I look down at my bloody hands. Moving my feet away from the side, I scoot away and silently thank God that I didn't fall forward. Even thinking of having the same fate as Tony made me feel sick to my stomach.

Pushing my sore body off of the floor, I click my phone on and check the time. It was half way through dinner, I hadn't even noticed how long I had been up here. Quickly walking away from the frightening edge, I exit through the door I entered through and leave the place where I had now two near-death experiences.

I walk into the café with tired eyes and look at the people around me. All in different little groups, according to their diagnosis it seems. I could always sit with the cutters, but I've never sat with them before, so it would be extremely awkward. Sighing for what seems like the thousands time today, I walk through the food line and grab a water before stalking over to the back corner and plop down onto the floor. I remember the first day me and Niall talked to each other,  each sentence filled with sarcasm and annoyance. Even if we were speaking to each other like that now, I would be happy. But instead of listening to our bickering, I'm listening to shitty Taylor Swift songs about douche bag boyfriends that lead to heartbreak.