Chapter Eight

*Niall's P.O.V*

I unfolded my arms and showed Andi why I was forced to be here, my addiction. "Heroine addict." I wanted to wait awhile longer before telling her, but she kept asking questions. I was never good with rapid fire questions like that.

She just sat there, her mouth hanging. She began to speak, but I guess was at a loss of words. Her mouth kept opening to say something but then closed quickly. She kinda looked like a fish. "So now you know," I say as I bring my arm back.

Andi shoots out her hand and grabs my wrist, lightly tugging my arm back to her. I willing let her examine my forearm, slightly shaking in fear. She slowly runs her thumb over a few of the cuts, taking it all in. "Did it hurt?" She whispered, not taking her eyes on me.

I shook my head, "Once it kicked in, I couldn't feel anything." Her blue eyes started to brim with tears, but she held them back as best as she could. We were lucky none of the other patients cared what we did.

Andi scoots closer to me, draping her legs across my lap, as to examine my cuts better. I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks. As awkward as it was, I really liked this. But I knew she wouldn't feel the same way with me. I was pretty messed up anyway. She was just, different from other girls I've known. Andi doesn't put up with my shit, she fights back. It's kinda hot.

Tilting my head to watch her as she studies me, I notice her lip begin to quiver and a few tears roll down her pale cheeks. No sobs, no sound, just tears. It was heartbreaking to watch this. I raised my other arm and gently wiped away the salt water from her soft, pink cheeks. She looks back at me, and throws her arms around my neck, pulling me into her.

"Please, p-please, stop," she whispered as she sobbed into shoulder. She surprised me at first, but then I wrapped my strong arms around her waist. I began to pet her hair, mumbling soothing words in her ear.

"Please don't cry, just, please stop." I pulled Andi onto my lap and rocked her softly as she started to calm down. Resting my chin on her shoulder, I sigh, "That's why I'm here, to try and stop. But I can't promise you anything, yet."

Her head snaps back up and looks at me with terrified eyes, "Please, you have to promise me you won't do any if that again. You have no idea how deadly that stuff is Niall! I could feel my heart drop when you told me. Just please, you have to promise me."

The look in her eyes, I couldn't help but lie to her, I couldn't stand to see her cry any longer, "I promise." Andi lets out a large breath and holds me close again. Her petite body was still shaking, and quite cold. I quickly rub my large hands up and down her arms, causing heat to rise through her.

We just sat there for a while. Not saying a word, just me holding her, she holding on to me. "So I guess we're friends now?" She asks me quietly.

I let out a laugh, resting my cheek on her head, "I guess we must be. Should I add you on Facebook?"

It was her turn to let a laugh, "Hmm, I don't know yet. I have so many friend requests it's hard to keep up," Andi says smiling.

We both giggle and chuckle for a while until we hear somebody clear their throat. Andi nearly jumps out if my arms, so focused on me she didn't hear the person approach. She and I quickly stand up, her faster then me, and look up at own interrupter. It was a young looking guy, with a strange look on his face.

"Tony," Andi says quickly. I sensed something happened between them, noticing the tone of urgency in her low voice.

"You both are here to recover from your addictions, not screw around with each other," he said sternly. I wasn't liking the way he was talking to her, or me.

"Sorry," she replies quietly as she looks to the ground.

"You both should go to your rooms, before somebody else finds you two touching each other like that, and gives you a worse punishment," Tony says flatly, sending me a glare.

"And what's your job here?" Andi spins to me and mouths so many profanities I couldn't even name. Clearly, she didn't like this guy being near us.

"I'm a janitor, but I am also an adult, and you should treat me with respect. Not that you know what that is," he spits at me.

"I'm sure your parents are proud of their janitor son," I say with a monotone voice.

Tony starts to make a move to me, but Andi quickly steps in between and mumbles to my opponent, "We're leaving. Sorry," and pulls me out of fight mode.

I had to jog to catch up to her, but before we left the room, Tony yells out a flirtatious goodbye to Andi, causing her to walk faster. Turning into the hallway, she turns to me, "Walk me to my room."

"Why?"

"Niall," she stops us both and looks to my with such fear in her eyes my stomach started to drop, "Just walk me to my room."

I nod my head and take her small hand in mine, letting her quickly guide us to the right place. "What happened with you and that meat head?" I look behind us to see if he was following us, which he wasn't.

Andi just shakes her head, not even slowing her pace, "I can't tell you now. Tonight, meet me up on the roof. At midnight," she says as we approach her door. She fumbles with the key and finally opens the door.

"Okay, so, rooftop at midnight, got it," I say as I begin to cross my arms, but stop. She already knows, so why hide?

"Okay, thanks Niall," she replies quickly before leaning across to me to kiss my cheek. Then she shuts the door before I could respond. Not that I could if I wanted to, she had just taken my breath away.

Midnight couldn't come fast enough.

------------------------------------------

Awwwwh! What's Andi gonna tell Niall on the roof? Will Tony continue to be a problem? Read and like to find out! Love you all, stay pretty

-TaylorMarie