Chapter Twenty Eigth

*Niall's P.O.V*

I haven't seen Josh for awhile now, and I felt somewhat worried about him. The last time I saw him was when I flipped him off and left with the interrogator, who I still don't know the name of. Maybe he's with Veronica, I thought as I counted the blocks on the wall next to me. If Perrie really did poison her, I really wanted to know the reason behind it. I haven't seen them speak to each other, but then again, I haven't been here as long as the others. Perrie seems like a cool girl, aside from the fact that's she's a drug dealer, I think I'd like to be her friend or something. That is, if she ever shows up again. I wouldn't either if I saw how mad Josh was.

Craning my neck, I look out of the cell and peer at the large clock hanging on the  wall. It's only a quarter till seven, so I figured I could go get something to eat before everyone had to go to their cells for the night. Easing myself off of the thin mattress, I stretch my  back so it pops repeatedly before strolling out of my room.

Being younger then most of the inmates, nobody really bothered me. Other then the first time they found out about Tony and I's situation, and Perrie and Josh, I was on my own most of the time. I wasn't complaining, its not like I wanted to make life long friends here anyway. What I really preferred was seeing Andi again.

I entered the café and strolled over to the vending machine. Looking at all of my choices, I finally decide on a packet of skittles. Inserting the correct amount of money into the metal mouth, I read the snack's two digit code. Pressing 2B into the key pad, I watch as the spring unrolls itself and lets the candy drop into the bottom. Hearing my stomach growl, I reach down faster then I would normally to get my skittles. Just as my hand brushes the thin, papery package, I hear a loud shout from far off in the distance. Scrunching my eyebrows at the sound of footsteps, I bend down further to get a better grip on the sweets.

"Niall! Niall, are you in here?!" Calls the voice in a hurried manner.

I drop the skittles and raise up, confused on why Suit Guy is here again. I thought we were done for the day? "Yeah, I'm right here, why?" I ask as I lean my food deprived body against the vending machine.

He starts to say something, but stops and raises an eyebrow, "Why are you getting candy?"

Confused at such a dumb question, I throw my hands up and shake my head, "It's cause of my massive sweet tooth? I'm just hungry man, what do you want?" I snap a little to harshly.

Letting my verbal assault roll off his shoulder, he smirks and motions me to follow him, "Your gonna want this a lot more then a Reese's, trust me," he says before spinning back down the jail hall. Groaning, I forget my snack that I already paid for, and follow him to where he was leading us.

Much to my surprise, we're back in the interrogation room, but somehow the mood feels lighter. Not sitting in my usual chair, I stand before Suit Guy with crossed arms and a dead-set mouth. "You own me a pack of skittles dude," I remarked as I watched him at the door, waiting for someone probably.

"Not really, you'll be thanking me when see what we found on your case," he replies as he is handed a brown box with Tony's full name printed on it. Striding over to the table in the middle of the room, he sets it down and peers inside. A giddy expression stretches onto his face and motions for me to look inside as well.

Shuffling over, I roll my blue eyes at his childish actions as I look inside the same box. I raises my eyebrows and pull my face away, "A shit ton of pot? How is that helping?"

Suit Guy smiles back up at me and crosses his arms proudly, "People at the hospital found this in Tony's closet. I asked some of the inmates around here about who he was and if he was a big dealer, and its surprising how quickly they all gave him up, now that he's dead," he informs me smartly.