Chapter Twenty Seven

*Andi's P.O.V*

"Mom, Dad?" I asked shakily, "I have something to tell you."

"What is it?....Why are you crying," she asked, easing herself off of her bed. My dad sat up, but stayed sitting down.

I sniffed and squeezed my hand once again, feeling a familiar relief, "Your not gonna like what I'm gonna say, your gonna hate me," I chocked out.

My dad shook his head back and forth, "We could never hate you honey, what's bothering you?"

"Y-yes you will, and you have," I replied, glancing over at my mom. I squeezed again, feeling more sticky stuff spread onto my palm.

"Andi, just tell us what's wrong, I'm getting worried," she asked as her forehead creased in confusion.

I took a gulp of air, preparing myself for what was to come. Slowly, the words started to come out, "I need to got back to the hospital guys, I don't think I'm ready for all of this," I explained, motioning to the real world atmosphere around me. "I can't do it, I'm sorry," I sobbed.

My father sighed, with a dead set look in his eyes, "I don't think you need to go back Andi, you've been doing fine up until now. Why all the sudden tears?" His wife shifted her weight on to one foot, quizzically examined me, not speaking.

"Because dad, I'm not happy! Do you really think I would tell you that I was unhappy being home? Everyone seemed so excited to have me back and I just think I don't belong here yet," I cried, shaking slightly.

"Well why didn't you tell us before, if you were so upset," my mom asked in a strangely calm, and unmotherly-like voice.

Using my free hand, I wiped my nose and eyes in a attempt to clean up, "I didn't tell you sooner because you would get mad again, just like last time," I mumbled.

He looked confused, "What do you mean, last ti-," his sentence was cut off by my mom holding a hand up in his direction.

I decided to just end their waiting, and cut the anticipation off. Taking multiple steps toward their bed, I pulled the hem of my shorts up, and flash them my arms. "I'm sorry!" I sobbed uncontrollably, "I'm so, so sorry!"

Unable to see my father's reaction, due to the falling hair in my face, I pull in my arms and hide my shameful face from my parents view. "I thought you were better Andi, that's why we sent you there, to get better!" She called, trying to raise her voice but it broke, expressing her emotions.

I pushed my hair away, looking her in the eye as bravely as I could, "I did! I tried," I pleaded, desperate to make her believe what I was telling her. But, not all of it was a lie. "It's not like you can send me away for a few weeks or a month and expect me to come back perfectly! I'm not perfect like fucking Becca!" I screamed, no doubt in my mind that she's tuning into this fight.

"You needed the help Andi, and you weren't getting it here. You needed to leave, you were sick," she snapped harshly.

"Dad!" I called out in frustration, needing to hear his side.

He glanced at me, but turned away when our eyes met. He couldn't even look at me when he spoke, "Your mother is right. And now your just wasting our money, going back on your stupid mistakes that you made in the past."

"Did you do all of that just for the attention? Hmm?" She asked viciously, eyeing me down.

Dropping the painted blade, I ran my hands through my hair in frustration, "Are you two fucking kidding me?! If I was doing this for attention, then I wouldn't parade it around like I was fucking proud of it! I don't like having these scars," I insisted, implying the real ones on my body, "And its sick to think that you guys still think that this is all an act."

"Then else would you come show us now? Other then to show them off, and show us that what we tried didn't work, and that your still messed up on the head," my mom thundered.

"BECAUSE I WANT TO GO BACK!" I bellowed at the top of my lungs, not letting her harsh words back me down like last time we had this conversation. "I'm not ready yet, and if you think I'm still crazy like I was before, then why don't you send me back? Or are you to ashamed to admit to your selves that your daughter is insane!" I taunted, trying to push their buttons.

"THATS ENOUGH," My dad snapped before my mother could unleash her anger on me. "You will go to your room right now, pack everything you need yourself, and you will leave tomorrow morning."

Stuttering slightly, my mom stalked over to the recent speaker, "David, what are you talking about? We cant just let her go like that," she protested.

Putting a hand up, he silenced her, just as she had earlier, "We can and we will. If this is the life that Andi wants to live then fine, but I'm not supporting it. Nor will I allow it to happen in my house," now directing his attention to me, "Like I said, you will pack your things and be ready to leave in the morning,"

I merely nodded, and turned around to exit the room as I carried a sinking feeling in my stomach. Before reaching the door, I hear my father mutter out, "Why is my daughter like this? Such a mistake."

"Daddy?" I called out in a sore voice, wanting to take back ever coming in at all. Hearing my father upset like that was horrible, as he never showed any kind of upsetting emotion.

"Just go," he muttered icily.

"Dad, I'm so-," I started.

"JUST GO!"

I woke up in a cold sweat, breathing heavily. Checking the tiny alarm clock next to my bed, it read 3:24 am. Sighing loudly, I let my head crash back into the pillow, thankful that my dream-like flashback was over. Even though I was told I would be leaving for the hospital in the morning, my mom shipped me out the minute my suitcase zipper was closed. I couldn't blame her though, I had only been back for a week or two and I was already "going crazy" again.

So I got back to the hospital pretty late, my dad had called and told them I was to be re-admitted when I got there, so somebody let me in when I arrived. It felt weird to be back oddly enough, but good in the same way. But it was probably due to the memories of Tony that still haunted me. I had even flinched a few times as I returned to my old room in the teen hall.

Rolling over onto my stomach, I pulled the sheets over my head and tried to fall back asleep. I had only gotten a hour or two on the plane, but I still need the sleep for later. Everyone will probably be asking questions when I go to group. Speaking of group, I wonder if Candy is back....

Tugging on the loose fabric of Niall's shirt, I think of how he's doing. I had slipped it on before I was forced out of my house and driven to the airport. Wearing it gave me some sort of comfort, but not knowing if Mindy found the tapes made me uneasy. I hadn't gotten the chance to call her that night to tell her I was coming back, so I guess it'll be some kind of surprise.

I sighed, hoping that I could squeeze in a few more hours of sleep if I tired really hard. Flipping to my side, I closed my eyes and dreamed of Niall's return and the hopeful discovery of the lost tapes.

~

Waking up to the sound of my alarm clock was uplifting, I had slept through the rest of the night. Slapping the plastic top, I shut off it's screaming and slinked out of bed. I moaned and held my lower back, I had slept in the most uncomfortable position, and now it was coming back to bite me. Stretching out, I headed toward the bathroom to clean myself up for the day. Turning the water on, I splashed myself a few times then dried off. I applied little makeup, but enough to cover my dark circles and puffed up eyes from the pervious night.

I let my hair down, thinking I looked worse with it pulled up in a strange angle, and exited the bathroom. Opening my suitcase, I grabbed a pair of jean short and a concert tee-shirt from when I had gone to see when I was younger. I wished I could go back to when things were easy sometimes, but then I would have to face my old demons all over again as I aged.

Slipping my feet into my low cut converse, I trudged out of my room with my phone and room key in hand. Deciding to skip breakfast, I went down the other hall to go see Mindy. My time would be more well spent there, anyway. Not a lot of kids were up and moving yet, buts because it was still kinda early and breakfast usually lasted longer then its suppose too.

The squeaks of my shoes sounded throughout the halls as I neared the nurses office. I watched as the office helpers scurried around the different rooms like little worker bees, and was reminded of Becca's workaholic attitude. I wonder how she's taking my early departure.

I approached the nurses office and softly knocked on the room, entering and not waiting for a response. Looking around, I see Mindy bent over with her head in her cabinet moving equipment around. I smiled and leaned against the door frame, giggling at her silly position.

"Just a minute honey, I'm looking for some medication I just misplaced...," she announced as she shuffled around more items.

"It's fine, I can wait for awhile," I replied back as causally as possible.

"Andi? Ow!" Cried Mindy as she pulled her head out of the cabinet in surprise, hitting her head on accident. Grinning widely, Mindy cocked her head, "Well look who it is, Miss Andi Griffin!"

I spread my hands out like I was serving a hot and ready pizza, "In the flesh," I sassily responded with a smirk.

Sitting down in her gray fabric covered swivel chair, she offered me a seat on the examination bed. Shaking my head, I opt for a seat right next to her. Pushing myself off of the door frame, I close the door behind me and hop up on the desk Mindy was seated behind. She smiled, "How did everything go with your family?" She asked.

I frowned slightly and looked down at my lap, not wanting to answer that question.

She nodded and patted her warm hand on my calf in a soothing way, "I know it was hard, I didn't expect it to be easy. Did it go better then the first time your family found out?"

"If you could say that, I mean, the experience isn't really a joyful thing," I mumbled sarcastically. I looked up to see Mindy giving me a disapproving look, which drew a smile out of me.

"Was it worth it, though?" She asked with a more serious tone of voice.

I was unsure if my family was going to be as forgiving as they were when I came home the first time, but something in my heart pushed me to respond with a one worded answer, "Yeah."

Mindy smiled and rubbed my calf, then rolled over to the other side of her office. Unlocking a cabinet with a small bronze key, Mindy pulled out a small box and flashes me a excited grin. "So Dora went on a small exploration. Wanna see what she found?" She asked, rolling back over to me.

Laughing, I shake my head leaned forward to get a better look at the box, "That was a horrible attempt at a joke, but either way, lemme see."

Almost giddy, she pushes the box in my face and I peer inside. Gasping, I cover my nose and wave the air. "Why are you showing me a ton of weed? For God's sake your a nurse, Mindy!" I asked pulling my head away in disgust.

"It's not just a ton of weed Andi, and it's not mine!" She said annoyed, "It's a ton of weed, that I found in Tony's closet."

Widening my eyes, I look back into the box, "Why does he have this much? It's not like he has the time to do it here, I mean, didn't he use to work most of the day?"

"I think. Because like I told you before, I would see him in the halls a lot. Plus I checked all of the janitors work schedules, and they all seemed to be worked around his. So what I was thinking, is that he's some kind of dealer, but I don't know where," Mindy answered knowledgably.

"Maybe to the other janitors? Tony wasn't the nicest of all people, clearly, so maybe he use to deal to them using threats and violence?" I guessed.

Mindy shrugged her shoulders and pursed her lips together, "Your guess is as good as mine sweetie."

"What are you gonna do with it anyway?" I asked, taking the box out of her hands to inspect it further. It's not that I didn't appreciate Mindy risking her job to get this, but I didn't see how this would help out with Niall's situation.

She then proudly pushes herself up in her chair and slyly smirks at me, "I'm going to give it to the police."

"Alright," I replied with a nodding head, somewhat let down.

"Well don't make it obvious that your disappointed!" Mindy scolded playfully, earning a apologetic look from me. Laughing lightly, she nods her head in the direction of the box, "Look under all the bags, Andi."

Confused, I do as I was told, and slowly stick my hands into the box. Pushing away the large plastic baggies filled with weed, my hands graze something that felt like plastic. Sending a quizzical look toward Mindy, I pull the plastic objects out of their hiding space and let out a surprised scream. "What is this?" I asked quickly.

"The stolen footage from all the times Tony messed with you, and even the night of the rooftop meet up," She whisper shouted excitedly.

Hopping up and down in place, I fought the urge to scream in amazement. I couldn't believe she had found the tapes! "How did you find them?" I asked happily.

"Both the weed and the tapes were in a box together, hidden by other boxes on these really high shelves in the janitorial closet. I took me awhile to reach it because it was so high up. I kinda thought that Tony had somebody watch it for him," she informed me.

"What makes you say that?" I asked with my attention still on the videos. I was to amazed by their presence to be fully concentrated on Mindy's theory.

"Well, there was this really cute guy, Paul, yeah? We met in the elevator first and before I left to go get the extra key for the closet, he said something weird about 'seeing me again' or something," she explained. "Anyway, I set that aside for some time. But then, when I got back to my office with everything, he was in here, even though I had the door locked when I left. And he was just sitting here, swinging my keys around and asking me 'where I though I was going'," Mindy told me.

Snapping my head up, I stared down Mindy in fear, "What happened next? Did he hurt you?" I asked slowly. If anything had happened to Mindy when she was doing this for me, I would never forgive myself.

Next, she chuckled awkwardly and shook her head with a hint of a blush, "No honey, he didn't hurt me. When I had opened the door and saw him there, I had jumped and spilled everything out of the box. I kicked it out of the way before he could ask about it, so I hoped he thought it was some kind of catnip plant or something. I don't know!" Mindy cried playfully as I gave her a funny look. Did she even own a cat?

She went on, "So, as creepy as it was, Paul never asked about what was in the box. But he did ask me out," she admitted, blushing harder and deeper then before.

"What did you say to him?" I demanded to know, hoping for the answer in my head to be the one she picked to say to him.

"Of course I said no, Andi," she replied with a sassy eye roll. "I made him give me my keys back and leave right then and there. Thankfully, it was dark enough for the drugs and tapes to be hidden in the hall, so Paul just walked on by them. It's sad, he was really cute," Mindy sighed lovingly.

I was baffled, "Okay, uhm, Mindy? I love you and all, but your fricken crazy!" I shouted at her teenage girl-like attitude.

We both laughed and giggled together, just like we would do if we were both young children. "I might be crazy and a sucker for a hansom man, but at least I got the goods," Mindy said, causing us to burst with laughter once again.

"So are you taking the stuff over to the police today?" I asked after we had both calmed down from our laugh attack.

"Yeah," Mindy replied, getting out of her chair and grabbing her purse, "I was just about to leave when you came. Wanna come?"

I shook my head, thinking that I needed to get back in the swing of things here, "No, I think I have to go to group today. But you'll tell me how everything goes right? I hope it helps Niall," I mumbled softly.

Mindy put her arm around my shoulder and guided us out of the office, locking the door behind her, "Oh sweetie, you worry to much. Of course this'll help Niall out, it'll prove he's innocent! And I promise to call when I'm on my way back to the hospital, alright?"

I smiled and handed Mindy the box, "Okay. And, thanks Mindy, for everything," I muttered sheepishly before wrapping my arms around her.

Leaning her head down on mine, she kisses it and rubs my back in a motherly way, "It's my pleasure Andi. Things haven't been going in favor of you for some time, but this?" She said, speaking of the box in her hand, "Will help fix everything, trust me. And I know you might think your parents are mad and frustrated at you, but believe me, they'll never stop loving you. Okay?"

Pulling away, I grinned up at her and responded, "Alright. Be safe when your over there, and that means no flirting with boys," I fake scolded.

"Same goes for you Andi, cause you have your own boy, and he'll be here soon!" Mindy called as she turned and began her walk down the wall and to the elevator.

I sighed and smiled to myself, hoping that what she said about Niall coming back to me would be proven true. Pulling out my phone from my pocket, I checked the time and groaned loudly, it was time for group.

Spinning on my heels, I trudged down the hall and headed to the meeting room. With no one to talk to while group was taking place, I checked my phone's battery to make sure I had enough to play Angry Birds until it was over.

As I neared the room, teens were entering, some smiling and talking to friends while others shuffled in quietly. From what I could see, somebody was standing next to the door, greeting them as they came in. The person had short brown hair, and was wearing a small, white sweater dress. I had never seen someone that looked like that around here, so maybe this girl came when I was gone?

Walking up to the girl, I smiled at her before entering the teen filled room. But I stopped, and back tracked to look at this girl once again. Her dark hair curled slightly around her thin face, and her eyes looked somewhat sad. She had her hands twisted into a knot and her nails were stubby and red, most likely from biting and chewing on. This girl I was looking at, was Candy.

"Andi?" She said surprisingly. Her eyes grew slightly and she blinked rapidly, something she use to do before I left.

"H-hi, Candy," I stuttered, still amazed at how she looked now. Candy, when I last saw her, had long and beautiful blonde hair, and bright green eyes. And she had a lot more meat on her bones then she does now. I wonder what happened...."You look different," I said, trying to start a conversation.

Candy began to pick at her nails, but tried to hide it with her long sleeves, "Good, or bad different?"

"Good, good," I said quickly, hoping her hands would calm down. "I like your hair like that, it has a lot of volume. And that dress it cute too, it looks cozy," I added.

She blushed and raised her hands to tuck a strand of hair behind her double pierced ear, "Oh, thanks. I got this yesterday. It was on sale at Forever 21," Candy said quietly.

"Oh, I'll have to check it out. I haven't been there in forever," I nodded awkwardly. I sighed, it was time to own up, and be a big girl. "Candy? I'm really sorry I acted like an ass and called you out before. I shouldn't have read your file and embarrassed you like that. I guess I was just having a hard time adjusting to the new atmosphere? Either way, I was a jerk, and I'm sorry," I admitted with a frown.

Strangely, she laughed and shook her head, "No Andi, I should be the one who's apologizing. I shouldn't have forced you to talk or read your file. I was just trying to help, but I guess not everyone needs it sometimes. I got sometime off work to think about everything, and I'm doing better. I've actually talked with my dad a few times," she replied with a grin.

"That's good, I'm glad you got back in touch with him," I said smiling back at her.

It was quiet for a second before Candy looked at her phone and shrugged her shoulders, "We should probably go in, I need to get group started up."

I nodded, "Yeah your right," I paused before going on in a smaller voice, "I really am sorry Candy. Maybe we can go shopping sometime? You have good taste in dresses," I told her.

She pulled me into her small arms for a hug, "I'm sorry too, and totally. We'll have to get you all gussied up for your man," said giggled and started walking into the room.

Rolling my eyes, I followed her and called after her, "Why does everybody know about us?"

"People talk, Andi!" She called back, sending me a sly wink.

I shake my head and giggle, making my way over to my usual back of the room seat. Plopping down, I cross my legs and wait for Candy to start. Taking out my phone, I unlock it and start up the Angry Birds app. When she started talking, I turned the sound all the way down.

"Alright! It's good to be back everyone, how was your week?" She got some answers, but still continued, "Today's topic will be about struggles. Struggles with your self, your family, your addiction, whatever it may be, you can talk about it here! For example, why is it a struggle, and what makes you think you can't overcome it? So, who wants to go first?" She asked to the listening crowd

I thought for a minute, and clicked my phone off. It's not like a had some kind of epiphany after talking to Candy, but I really wanted to show that I had improved in any way since she left. Sure, I was still in the back of the room, and yes, I didn't like talking out loud. But I felt that Candy needed the reassurance that I took what she tells us to heart. I raised my hand slowly, expecting to be looked over. Candy, of course, sees my limply extended hand, "Yes Andi?"

I sighed and straightened my back up before answering, "Can I go first?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay for Andi for returning to the hospital! Yay for Mindy for being a bad ass who stole back the tapes and shot down Paul like a boss! Yay for Candy for being nice and apologizing! YAY FOR UPDATING!!!! Did you guys like it? It's a happier installment, so I hope I didn't upset you guys with the lack of drug use in this chapter.

We only have three chapters to go! Honestly, this is sad, having to end the story after coming so far with it. If your thinking, "Will Taylor make a sequel?" then put a ":)" in the comments! I read all of them and I love getting praise or suggestions from all my addicts!

Also, remember to comment questions, or message me them because I'll be doing a Q&A page at the end of this book. And if I get enough questions, I'll give everyone a sneaky peek of my NEXT story!

Just a reminder, if you never need someone to talk to, or just need some advice on your own story, I'm happy to help! I always follow back if you choose to follow me, and I really like making new friends!

As always, read, comment, vote, share, and stay happy and confident my little addicts! (See how I changed it? Because being "beautiful" isn't always everything.)

-TaylorMarie

PS. - Everyone, please go check out my good friend Sydney's books, @cheeroftheyear ! She's a really good author and is super awesome with detail!