Chapter Eighteen

*Niall's P.O.V*

I had taken Andi back to her room after her visit with the doctor, no questions asked about it. I assumed that anything that was said was meant to stay secret. Like some kind of girl code, but whatever. Once I arrived back at my own room, I had a lot of thinking to do. For example, how the hell am I going to "fight" Tony on a roof without being knocked over by him? He gave me his word, but I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. It was already 11:25 pm. so I didn't have much time to spend thinking anymore.

Pulling on a new long sleeve shirt and re-tying my shoes, I glanced at the mirror and thought about my girlfriend. What would happen to her if I were to lose this fight? Would she leave me for even breaking her trust? I couldn't let that happen, but I wont let Tony scare her into never leaving her room like she is now. This is a place where she is suppose to get better, and he's not letting her. I can already tell that she's losing weight....

By this time it was 11:45 pm. and I decided it was about time to make my way to the roof. I slip my phone and room key into my khaki shorts pocket before creeping into the hall that was already dimly lit like it always is at night. As I walk, my sneakers scuff the cold tile floor, causing me to be the only source of sound. Turning a corner, I run right into one of the night janitors, Johnson. Nobody knows his first name, not even him. So we just call him by his last. He is 59 years old.

"Ohhhh! Watch yourself there boy, I almost mopped you away!" Johnson said cheerfully.

"Sorry sir, that was my bad," I replied.

"Its about time for you to be heading to bed, am I right?" He wondered as he reached down to scratch his bad knee.

"You are sir, quite correct," I said using a respectful tone, "I was just heading to my room now. Thank you for looking out for me and the other teens."

His faces turns a light shade of pink, "Well thank you son, now, get off to bed 'fore the boogey man gets you!" Johnson said as he and his cart of cleaning supplies moved around me and continued down the hall I just came from.

Old people are so easy to fool, it unbelievable.

Finally, I approached the  door to the roof, but as I reached down to twist the knob, I noticed that it was slightly cracked open. Tony must have already gotten here. Checking my phone's clock, I am right on time. Easing myself through the door, I close it behind myself and climb the stairs to the very top. Emerging from the stair case, I look around for my opponent. Taking a few steps from the exit, I let the door slam close. Crossing my arms, I chuckle to myself, Tony must have skipped out on me.

But my laughter was soon silenced when I heard a deep voice from behind me, "It's about time you showed up, pretty boy."

*Andi's P.O.V*

I wake up covered in sweat and shaking. Glancing over at the digital clock, I see that it's 12:15 am. I knew Niall dropped me off here so I could sleep, but its not like him to not come back and stay with me. Stretching myself out, I climb out of my bed and flip the lights on. Unlocking my phone, and give him a call. No answer. I then send him a quick text, "where r u? just woke up. miss u". After 5 minutes of waiting, I check my phone once again, and receive no answer. Something was wrong.

Changing out my baggy pajamas and into a pair of gray sweats and a long white shirt, I shove my feet into my dirty black Vans and hurried into the hall. My first stop was Niall's room. I knocked for a good 7 minutes while whispering pleas to let me in. Still with no answer, I go and check all the other places he might be; the café, the meeting room, even the lobby. All of which were empty. Panting, I slide down against the wall in the stair well, thinking about the last place he could be. It hit me like a semi truck speeding down the free-way. The roof.