Chapter Six

I didn't really have a lot of time to think about what to say, as Niall's room was pretty close to where I already was, oddly enough. Slowly searching the hall, my eyes scanned the numbers on top of the door frame for room 348. I passed 345, then 347, and then finally found room number 348. He had the last room on the left side. I raise my hand and knock, then waited for a response.

None.

I try again but louder. Still no answer. I was about to leave, but hearing a groan come from the room made me turn back to the door. "Niall I know your in there. If your jacking off, I'll leave you alone, but if your ignoring me, I'm coming in." I hear a faint laugh. Pulling on the door knob, I let myself into the room.

His room was extremely clean for a guy, not that I've seen a lot of boys bedrooms. I glance at Niall, who was sitting on the edge of his bed. "Only my second day here and I got a girl in my room," he says jokingly.

I point to the door, "I just came to apologize but if your gonna be a jackass, I could just leave now?" He laughs and motions for me to sit down next to him. I hesitate to, but I slowly take the offer. Bringing my knees up to my chin, I mumble into my knee cap, "I'm sorry I bitched you out before."

Niall brings his hand up to his ear, "Sorry, what was that?" He began to squint his eyes like an elderly man would.

"I said I'm sorry, you dork," I say laughing and bringing my knees down. He and I laughed for a few seconds then fell silent. We still had unspoken thoughts to say.

He was the first to speak, "I'm sorry about Candy. She was...out of line."

I scoff, "No kidding."

He looked down at his folded hands, "So uhm....what happened? I mean, for your scars," he trailed off.

"I think you could probably guess."

His face lost some color and the grip of his hands got tighter, "Why?...."

I had to bite my tongue to keep myself from crying, but I still answered his question. "I'm never good enough," I whispered.

"For who?"

Pushing the hair out of my face, I take a deep breath, "For anyone. For my family, my friends, school, and just in general. I'm always being compared to my bitch of a sister, my parents shipped me here when they found out 'cause they couldn't handle a fucked up daughter like me." I hadn't realized that my voice was raising, but I kept going, "I get told everyday that I'm worthless and ugly and stupid and fat and NOTHING. I AM NOTHING COMPARED TO EVERYONE ELSE!" I couldn't control myself, and let myself fall. The tears poured out of my eyes like a waterfall. It was the first time I had ever talked about what I had been going through, to anyone.

As I cried, I felt Niall's arm slowly move around my shoulder. Frankly, I didn't care who it was, I just wanted somebody to hold me. I scooted closer to him and laid my throbbing head on his strong chest as I bawled. He must have felt my pain, because he then wrapped both arms around me, holding me close as we rocked back and forth. He didn't say anything till I was done crying. He let me have my silence as I dried my eyes of all liquids.

When my last tear fell, I sniffed and wiped my face off. My breathing was jagged and scared. Niall continued to rock us, holding me just as tight as before. After minutes of pure silence, he finally spoke in a hushed tone, "You are good enough."

I started to shake my head "no", but he continued one, "Your good enough. If your parents can't see that you try your damn hardest to please them, then forget about them. Your friends may seem like they don't care, but I'm sure as hell they do, so never let them go. And your sister is probably to full of herself to notice how perfect you are now."

Everything he was saying had stunned me. I was speechless.

"And you better never, ever let me find out that you think your ugly or stupid or fat or worthless ever again, you hear me? Because all of that is bull shit. None of it is true. You are beautiful, everything about you is. Your smart, you might be a smart ass, but still smart." He laughed and sighed, "And you have so much worth then you think you do. Never forget that."

I was in shock. Nobody had ever told me anything like that before, nobody cared enough to tell me. I looked up at him in amazement, "You-you think I'm beautiful?"

"Well, not with snot smeared all over your face. But other then that, yeah, yeah I do," he smiled softly. I take my sleeve and wipe off my embarrassed face and lean against him.

As much as I said I hated him, I felt myself actually start to like him. "Thank you, really," I whisper.

Niall lightly kissed the crown on my head, which sent shivers down my spine, "I was only telling the truth."

Slowly removing myself from his lap, I stand up and awkwardly stand in front of him. He kinda looked sad when I left his grasp, but quickly changed his expression. "I should probably get back to my own room before the nurses think I escaped," I said smiling lightly.

He looked up at me and grinned, "Or that were having crazy sex."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, "Don't ruin the moment, okay?"

He smiled back at me, "Got it." I exited his room and shut the door quietly. Before I came here, I was for sure certain that I was dead set on hating everything about this place. But, I might have found something, or someone, that I just might like.

------------------------------------------

Read and like! Stay beautiful

-TaylorMarie