Chapter Three

Since it was near sundown and getting dark, most patients were heading to their rooms or already there, making me vulnerable to Niall if he tried something. From the looks of it, he wouldn't. I was still reeling from the tell off I had gotten from him. Though I had been told off at school, but never from someone with such anger in their eyes. It was like something snapped in him.

"So where to first?" Niall asks me, all anger gone from his voice. He swung his arms slightly like a carefree child, it was kinda funny.

"Not sure, I mean, this was a forced tour, I didn't have time to make a schedule for us," I say looking around.

"You have to have at least one place you go to escape everyone for a while, you got to," he said glancing at me.

"My room?"

"Oh, good idea, some alone time," Niall replied with a wink. I hit him on the forearm, half from annoyance and half because it honestly was funny.

"The only place I hang out besides my room, and the corner in the mess hall, is the roof, but they don't know I found the key to the door yet. So don't tell, okay?" I wondered weather or not I should take him there or not, but I didn't have a choice anyway. He already knows that I have the key, and wasn't going to let up until I showed him.

"Alright then, off we go." Niall extended his arm, allowing me to walk in front to guide us. I had to walk pretty fast, we only had a half hour till we had to go to our rooms.

Finally I found the last door on the right of the hallway, and I slipped the key off the top of the door hinge to unlock it. Once done, I looked around before pulling Niall in by his shirt front so nobody would see us. Behind the closed door, I remembered that I still had my hand on Niall's shirt. I quickly let go,"Uhm, sorry."

"Forceful, I like it."

I scoffed and jogged up the stairs leading to the roof top. I lifted the trap door to the roof and pulled myself up, and Niall followed. Walking forward, I looked up at the night sky and thought about home. The terrified look on my friends faces, and the disgust on my family's. I had forgotten that I wasn't alone when Niall cleared this throat. "Are you crying?" He asked softly.

"No. I don't cry in front of people," I said quickly and smacking the tears away before he questioned me further.

He just raised his eye brows and went back to looking around. "I don't see why your even here, you look normal to me," he said spinning on his heel to stare me down.

"You don't even know me."

"I want to."

I glare at him and stomp over so I don't have to yell what I say next,"Stop trying to pull this "mysterious" act with me."

He looked smug,"It's not an act sweetheart, just trying to make a friend on my first day here. How long have you been here anyway?"

I turned my head down and counted in my head to remember,"3 days."

He looked confused, "Then how did you find the key to the damn roof?"

"People are stupid."

He laughs and sits down on the ground, motioning for me to sit with him. I didn't want to, but I'd rather do what he says then have him verbally assault me again. Looking up at the stars, he turns his head to me, "So why are you here anyway?"

I wasn't ready to tell him anything. For God sakes I just met the kid! And I didn't trust him as far as I could throw him. "I'm not telling you."

He scoffs and turns his head back to the sky, "I see how your gonna play this. Guess you didn't understand me when I said I wanted to be friends."

I cross my arms, "I guess you didn't understand when I said for you to leave me the hell alone."

"Fuck you then," he spat at me as he jumped to his feet and walked a few feet away.

Oh no, he was not about to start this again and expect me to be afraid, "If I did fuck you, I'd probably get aids," I yelled back at him. He spun around, stormed right over to me and got right up in my face. Now I was scared, but I wasn't going to let him know that.

"Like I said before, frigid bitch," Niall said staring straight into my eyes. I looked down and clamped my shaking hands to my thighs. He must have noticed, because his eyes flickered to my hands and back up to my eyes. "Do I scare you?"

It took me a few seconds to respond,"No."

"Your lying," he said, "I'm sorry." He sighed when I didn't respond and backed up slightly.

"I should go," I quickly said before he could stop me. I speed walked back to the trap door and exited the roof, leaving Niall behind. He'll be fine, I thought. Peeking through the crack, I looked to see if any nurses were roaming the halls before I make a break for my room. None.

All of the lights were out, except for the small lamps on the wall so the assistants could see where they were going. I slipped through the door and ran as quietly as I could to my room's hall. I was in the "depressed teen" hall, but that's only what I called it. You could hear them crying almost every night.

I use to be like that, but I stopped after I realized nobody cared if I cried or not.

I slowly opened my door and slide inside before I could get in anymore trouble. Stripping off my jeans and tee-shirt, I run my hands along my scars before putting on a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt. I felt ugly with these things, but I couldn't help but feel like I deserved it.

Pulling the sheet down on my bed, I slide into the cold sheets and buried myself in the covers. It felt like a prison here, and there was no way I could get out. It's suffocating.

Before I finally drifted off to sleep, Niall crossed my mind oddly enough. Why was he taking such an interest in me and not some other emotionally unstable chick here? My mind flashed back to when we were on the roof and he was extremely close to my face. It caused a tingle in my stomach just thinking about it. And that's when I stopped thinking about it. He was bad news and I knew it. He basically had a sign around his neck reading "DANGER! STAY AWAY!".

I quickly jammed in my earbuds and blasted the loudest song I had, chasing away the thoughts of his face out of my mind.

Tonight was going to be a long, long night.

------------------------------------------

Woohoo! Keep on reading and liking if you want <3 Love you all

-TaylorMarie