Chapter Fifteen

We had said it, we loved each other. And now technically, I was "his girl". He makes me feel like I matter, and I haven't been like that for a while. We had said goodbye at my room, as Niall had to go to his personal therapy. But before leaving, he made me promise not to leave my room, and to lock my door. I agreed, but sometimes he could get a little over protective. It was all for a good reason anyway, so I didn't argue.

Sitting in my room, I decided to clean it up a bit, make it look nice if Niall slept here the next time. It didn't take that long, as my room wasn't that big. So, I headed over to the bathroom and stripped off mine and Niall's clothes, and stepped into the shower. As the hot water pellets attacked my body with warmth, I thought about what's going to happen when one of us leave the facility. What if Tony hurts Niall?....or me?

I step out of the shower and grab the fuzzy towel that was set on the counter. Wrapping it around my body, I look at myself in the mirror. I couldn't even believe somebody like Niall loved somebody like me.

Shaking the thoughts out of my head, I emerged from the bathroom and let the steam fill my bedroom. I pull my wet hair up into a messy bun, then pull on a pair of jean shorts and a plain, lose-fitting teeshirt. I still had some time before Niall got out, so I shoved my feet into my sneakers and grabbed my sketch book.

Now, I know Niall told me to stay in my room, but a few minutes on the roof to sketch won't hurt anybody, right? Before leaving the room, I slipped the key to the stairs and a pencil into my back pocket.

Looking both ways, I close my room door and slowly make my way to the stairs. Not many people were in the hall, as it was getting close to lunch and everybody in my hall was hiding in their rooms. As I approached the door leading to the roof, I began to tap my foot along to a song I had listened to earlier.

Pulling the key out of my pocket, I raise it to push it into the hole," Going somewhere?" Says a voice not to far away from me, making me drop the key to the ground. I kept my eyes glued to the door knob, already knowing who was speaking to me.

"Tony. What are you doing here?" My hands were trembling like a new born baby; cold and scared.

"I'm sure you know this already but, I work here sweetheart. Where's your big bad boyfriend, what was his name, Kyle?" He made a step towards me.

"His name is Niall.... His name is Niall," I say with fear hinting in my voice. How was I going to get out of here? Niall was gone and I was alone and cornered. I had to think fast.

"And where is Niall? Oh I know, not here protecting you like a little bitch", Tony remarks with hate laced within his words.

"Fuck off Tony, can't you comprehend the fact that I don't want you? And I never did. You must be stupider then you look," I spat at him as I finally looked into his dark gray eyes.

"Wanna say that again doll face?" Tony asks as he charges toward me. I didn't have time to react, and before I knew it, my body was slammed against the wall and my belongings were ripped from my grasp.

I let out a scream of pain, but I only received a swift kick to the ribs in return. Hot tears began to roll down my face, so fast I couldn't stop them. I tried to stand once again, but Tony was quick to attack, knocking my face against the wall. "TONY STOP, PLEASE," I screamed out.

"Not so tough when you little boyfriend isn't here to save your ass huh?!" He whispered in my ear as he covered my mouth to keep me from screaming any longer. My first thought was to bite his hand, which wasn't the right choice to make. "Shit!" He cursed, shaking his now bloody hand. Glaring at me, Tony whips his hand at my face, knocking me back onto the dirty floor.

I couldn't contain my sobs, nor could I stop my body from shaking with fear. Slowly, Tony bent down to face me eye to eye. His face was eerily calm. "Now, you can either learn from this little conversation, and leave that prick. Or," he paused, "tell him what happened, and both of you can end up looking worse then you do right now. It's your choice."

"F-fuck you, fuck you t-to hell" I said between each of my sharp breathes.

Swinging his arm back, his hand striking my already bruised cheek once again. Leaning in closer, Tony forces his cracked lips against my other cheek and laughs dryly, knowing I was to weak to fight any longer. "You tell nobody, okay?"

I could feel my heart heat in my head, and my face beginning to puff up due to swelling. I had no choice but to nod without any protest.

"Good girl," says Tony in a condescending tone. He stood up, looked down his nose at his work, then pridefully strides away before he could be blamed for the mess of a girl laying in the corner.

Once he was out of sight, I look down at my black and blue legs and run my shaking fingertips along the little baby cuts near my knees. I didn't even want to see my face. Wiping off the tears still on my face, I push the mangled hair out of my face and try to stand properly. Failing the first few times, I finally reach across the ground and grab my fallen items, then stand up on my shaking limbs. If you looked at me, I'd look like a new born baby horse, but in more pain.

Slowly, I emotionlessly staggered down the empty hall to my safe haven. Not once did I hear a door crack open, or footsteps hurry down the way to come to my rescue. Not once.

Arriving at my room, I use all my strength just to push the handle down and open the door. Once I'm safely inside, I let the wooden door slam shut behind me and quickly lock it. Moving forward a few paces, I let myself gravitate toward the ground and rest my head on a jacket I had left near where I was laying. Closing my eyes was a challenge, as I had no liquid left in them. My head was throbbing and I couldn't think straight, so I began to cry out of frustration.

I was alone, without Niall to comfort me. I was alone, nobody to wipe my cuts clean. I was alone, no one to rock me as I cried and tell me I was going to be okay.

I was alone, and to protect Niall, that's how I needed to stay.

------------------------------------------

OMFG I UPDATED!! So sorry you guys! I was grounded for two weeks then I had a busy week at school and with sports. But I really worked hard on this chapter, at least I think so. Anyway, I'll be updating at least once a week, promise. I hope you liked this chapter! If you did, keep reading and vote! Stay happy and beautiful

-TaylorMarie