Chapter Seven

I started walking back to my room, taking my time, as I still had a few minutes to spare before getting busted for being late to bed. I reflected on what I had just told Niall, I barely knew this guy, and I completely opened up to him. It was just something about him that made me feel, safe. But I felt like I had no idea who he was. He had never told me why he was emitted. Maybe it had something to do with him always crossing his arms. Plus, he was in the addicts hall. Could he be...?

My thoughts were interrupted when I stumbled into the janitor who worked this floor, Tony. He smiled at me, "Hey Andi, didn't see you there. On your way to your room?"

"Yeah, sorry for knocking over your paper towels," I say as we both watch the roll race down the hall. He lets out a belly laugh before chasing after it like a toddler running after their mother. Tony was a good looking guy, tall, blonde, nice sense of humor too. But there was something that made me feel uneasy around him.

He jogs back with the towels in hand and carefully set them back on his cleaning cart. "So, how do you like it here so far? Any friends?"

I look around, people were leaving the halls and returning to their room. "Uhm, yeah, I met a friend. Real nice."

"Yeah, who?"

"The new guy, Niall?" Maybe Tony knows Niall from somewhere, and might know why he's here.

He scoffed and rolled his eyes, "He's a tool, trust me. I see how he looks at you Andi," he leans in close to me, "I think you should stay away from him."

I back up. Tony was starting to cross a line, he shouldn't be telling me Niall is bad news, he doesn't even know him. "Why does it matter to you?" I look down the halls again to check for nurses or late patients returning. We were alone.

"Because I care about you, I do. He going to hurt you, I can tell," Tony steps to me again and places a cold hand on my shoulder.

My heart rate was picking up, and my hands were shaking. This was going to far, "Tony, don't touch me." I back up against the wall, hands to my side.

Tony gives me a strange smile, before stepping up again and pinning me to the wall, "Think about it, he's a kid Andi. I'm a lot better for you. I can protect you."

My eyes started to burn with threatening tears. I've never been so, so uncomfortable in my entire life. "I'd rather have someone protect me from you," I whisper.

He smirks and presses his nose to my forehead, "Don't fight this, you know you don't want a child like that punk, now do you, baby girl?" He places his right hand on my hip and moves his face closer to mine, inching his lips to mine.

Without thinking, I quickly bring my knee up so it connects with this crotch. Tony gasped and doubled over, grabbing himself. In total shock of what I just did, I stood still with my mouth open. Tony looks up and laughs quietly, "You wanna play that game? I'll play," he remarks with a wink.

He jumps back to his feet and lunches himself at me. I duck out of the way, running as fast as I can in the direction of my room. I hear his large feet slapping the ground behind me as he chases after me. Shoving my hand into my pocket, I search for my room key as fast as possible. I didn't have much time, my room was five doors away.

Just in time, I rip my key out of my denim pants and jam it into the slot, twisting the key and jumping into the entrance before Tony slips through with me. Pushing myself against the door, I lock all possible locks on the wooden barrier and slide down so I'm sitting at the bottom. Panting, I feel my heart beat as fast as a roadrunner, and thank God I did track during my time at school.

I pull myself back up onto my shaking legs using the desk near the wall. As slowly as possible, I press my ear to the door and listen for a sound. Just Tony's distance breathing, he must have walked back to his clean up cart.

"Your a fun little girl, aren't you?" I hear through the door. My hands fly to my mouth to keep myself from screaming out in fear. "I'll see you tomorrow babe, get ready for round two," he whispered.

I silently cry and slide back down as I hear him stomp his was back to where we started. I came here for help, not to be stalked by a complete stranger.

Laying against the door, I rub my temples and try to stop crying, but it was no use. I couldn't erase that memory even if I tried with all my might. Heaven help me.

*The Next Morning*

I woke up with a throbbing headache, soon realizing that I had fallen asleep still laying against the door. I look at my phone at read the time; 12:23 pm. It was a Friday, which was a free day for the teens. Gingerly, I get up from my resting area and stretch out. Before I could check what I looked like, my stomach growled and made me forget back my appearance. I slowly opened the front door and peeked outside, Tony no where to be seen. Thank God.

I slip out of the door and put in my earbuds, quickly walking to the cafe. Once there, I realized I was just in time for lunch. Good. I jog up to the lunch line, grabbing a water bottle and a bag of SmartFood Popcorn. Nodding at the smiling lunch lady, I walk over to my usual eating spot. Niall was waiting or me.

He waves his hand at me, signaling me to take the earbuds out, which I do. Siting down next to him, I rip into the popcorn and stuff my face. He laughs and takes a piece, "Hungry?"

Wiping my mouth, I nod and take a swig of water, "Yeah, uhm, long night."

"I might have guessed." He folds his arms again.

It was the time I was going to ask. Might as well do it while I have the chance anyway. "Why are you in the addicts hall?"

He looked taken back, "Well that's straight forward. Uh, you don't wanna know Andi, you'd- never mind."

I set my food down, "If I didn't wanna know I wouldn't have asked. And I'm not gonna do anything. I mean, I told you what's wrong with me last night." I pause, "Plus, why do you always fold our arms like its origami?"

Obviously fed up with my question, Niall quickly unfolds his arms and showing me his arm. There were tiny cuts everywhere on his forearm and bicep. Shocked, I look to him, "What happened to y-," he cuts me off.

"Heroine addict."

------------------------------------------

Woah man, shit just got real! Just kidding, hope you like it so far! Read and like, love you babe <3

-TaylorMarie