Chapter Twenty Five

*Niall's P.O.V*

"Niall, wake up."

"Dude, wake the fuck up!"

"Your gonna get pissed at me for this, but you'll be glad I did it."

Suddenly, a splash of cold water crashed against my unconscious face, waking me up. Gasping for air, I wipe the liquid off my face and look around at my surroundings. I was still in the girls bathroom, leaning against the wall. From what I remembered, Perrie had left me for some strange reason, and now Josh was standing before me, wiping his hands on his pants.

Rubbing my eyes, I push myself up so I'm sitting on the floor, looking up at Josh. "What happened?"

Josh looked troubled, his eyes bloodshot, "You've been in here for hours, and they're checking cells in ten minutes, I gotta get you outta here," he quickly says as he moves toward me.

Sticking his hands out, I grab onto them and gingerly pull my sore body up with clear struggle. Sighing, Josh takes my arm and throws it around his shoulders, noticing my pain. "Where did Perrie go?" I asked as he pulled open the door and pulled us both out.

"Why did you pass out?" He asked, avoiding my question as we make our way down the empty jail hall.

I tried searching my brain for answers, but all I could come up with was Perrie and I going into the bathroom, shooting up, and then Perrie leaving me. "Uhm, it use to happen a lot when I first started taking. I've been clean for a while, so that's why," I explained as I experienced a painful headache.

Josh laughed nervously, "Oh yeah? You have bad reactions to drugs? Hmmm...," he said as we turned into our line of cells.

As we got closer and closer to our cell, we began to hear the loud voices of the patrolling guards, signaling us to walk faster. The doors were already open to our cell, making it easier for us to get inside. Pushing me off of his shoulder, I take a small notice of Josh's brutality as I walk over to my bed and lie down.

Rubbing my temples, I take deep breaths and try to calm my aching head. "Here, drink this, it'll help," Josh said, handing me a water bottle.

Slowly taking it from him, I send a nod in his direction, thanking him. As I unscrewed the cap, I noticed that I didn't hear the familiar pop sound it makes when it's freshly opened. I looked over at my cell mate, to ask why, but I kept my mouth shut. Josh was watching me, and still had that strange, far away look in his eyes.

"Aren't you gonna drink that? I got it to help you feel better," he says glancing at the open doors.

Scrunching my eyebrows together, I reply, "Yeah, thanks again man."

"Not a problem," he says, turning back and smiling at me.

Screwing the cap off, I take a big sip of the water, giving Josh a thumbs up to tell him that it tasted good. He smiled again, and laid down on his bed.

Taking the chance as it was given, I spit the water back into the bottle and shoved it underneath my pillow. If I didn't know what was in it, I sure as hell wasn't going to drink it. Josh must think I'm dumb or something.

"So," I began, "What did you do while I was gone?" I figured it was better to keep him taking if something was bothering him. I might be able to coax it out of him or something.

"I went and saw Veronica, my girlfriend, remember her?" Josh asked, turning his head and looking at me with a scrutinizing look upon his face.

"Yeah, I do," I answered. Something was different about him, something had changed from when I saw him in the café. "So, do you know what happened to Perrie?" I asked again, remembering the unanswered question from before.