6

Elvira was sitting in her lab going through her blueprints for her new projects. Her desk was littered with paper and notes, and she was currently drawing a blue årint for one of her ideas. Her pencil glided softly across the paper, and the room was filled with a soft sound of drawing and the tapping of her fingers against the desk surface when she got stuck.

She was about to take a sip from her fresh coffee when there was a firm knock on her door. She let out a sigh as she stood up, gently placed her coffee back on the table, and walked over to the door. "Jayce," she said as she opened the door and was met with Jayce's tall form. 

"Elvira! Viktor told me you went home after you woke up, how are you feeling?" he asked as he closed the door behind him after he had walked into the lab. "I feel fine. Exhausted. Viktor said I was out for 12 hours or something?" "Yeah, that's the thing though. What the fuck did you do?" Jayce asked her, his voice slightly raised in annoyance. "I didn't do anything Jayce," Elvira defended herself. 

She felt a little uncomfortable as he gave her a look of anger. "Elvira, you wouldn't have fainted for 12 hours if you didn't do anything! You overused your magic again," he accused her. "I did-" "Don't lie to me, Elvira. I promised your father that I would look after you! This isn't Ionia, there isn't magic everywhere! People here are scared of magic, and if they knew about you, they would be scared of you too. They would exile you, or imprison you, or even worse, kill you!" he yelled at her, making her flinch. 

Jayce quickly calmed down at her reaction and rubbed his temples in annoyance. "I'm sorry. I'm just worried. You've never been out for that long before, and what did you even do?" he asked, but Elvira had turned around and was facing away from him. 

"Thank you for reminding me again that I don't belong here. I don't wanna talk about this anymore," she simply stated before walking over to her desk and sitting down. She grabbed a new paper from her pile and started doodling random stuff. It helped her calm down and helped get her mind on something else. Jayce opened his mouth to say something but closed it as he realized that nothing would help this situation. So he just sat down in one of the chairs in the lab, and the room was dead silent for almost thirty minutes. 

"So what do you think?" Jayce broke the silence, causing Elvira to jump at the sudden noise and breaking the top of her freshly sharpened pencil. "Can you be more specific?" she asked as she turned her chair around to face him. "About hextech," he specified and Elvira started chewing on the end of her pencil. 

"Oh, I think it's good. You've finally figured it out, I'm happy for you," she smiled at him. "And what do you think about Viktor?" he then asked. "Hmm? What do you mean?" Elvira asked confused. "Well, he's from the undercity, but he's very dedicated to hextech and to science in general, and since I'm gonna be working with him from now on, I just wanted to know what your first impression of him was. That's all."

"He seems like a nice person, and I think you two will do great things with hextech," she turned around and placed her pencil down on the desk. "I actually have a few projects that Viktor wanted to see, we talked a little about it last night," she said and Jayce's interest peaked. "What kind of projects?" he asked as he stood up. "You're flower thing?"

"No, something new. You wanna see?" she motioned to the papers lying around on her desk, and Jayce walked over and picked up the two blueprints and looked over them. 

"These are nice, but Elvira, we already have air and water purifiers in Piltover," Jayce gave her a confused look, but she only smirked. "Those weak things? No, these are designed to clear up the toxic fumes in the deepest levels of the undercity," she grinned, proud of her invention. 

"They will separate the gasses from the air and turn it into fuel. Then they will send the clean air out into the free again. The same is with the water. Filter the toxicity from the water to create clean drinking water and fuel. It will make life so much easier for the people living there," she smiled as she gently took the papers from Jayce's hands, not wanting him to crumple the paper. 

"Elvira, you're a smart girl. You have talent and passion, why would you waste it on something that already exists?" he sighed. "I told you, these are stronger, and they're not made for Piltover." "Nobody is gonna support this. Nobody wants to waste their money and resources on the undercity, they're just criminals who will demolish your machines for parts to make weapons. And I certainly will not let hextech be wasted on criminals," Jayce spoke with venom in his voice. 

"Viktor told me you'd use hextech to better the lives of the poor, this is exactly what we need!" Elvira raised her voice, getting frustrated with Jayce's sudden change in his personality. 

"We will not waste hextech in the undercity, end of discussion! Those people can clean up their own messes, it's not my responsibility!" he yelled back, getting up in Elvira's face. He was trying to be intimidating, but she didn't move one inch.

"Get out," she said calmly. Jayce continued to argue and Elvira asked one more time. "Get out." He stopped rambling, looked at her, and let out a chuckle. "You was never able to handle the hard truth," he said, and this pushed Elvira over the edge. "GET OUT OF MY LAB!" she almost screamed at him, and a pulse of energy exploded from her body. 

It was short, but powerful, breaking glass, knocking over chairs, pushing the sofa's and tables up against the walls, and the papers were scattered around the room. It was a mess, but Elvira didn't even notice it. She glared at Jayce, who looked almost frightened by her outburst. He back away from her and quickly left the room, leaving Elvira to fall to her knees.

She sat there for a long time. Aya was supposed to be coming to the lab today, but she had recently been seeing someone, and Elvira just assumed she was busy with that person. She lifted her head to look at the room around her. She felt a single tear roll down her face as she saw the damage she had done to her lab. The door to her lab slowly opened, but she turned around quickly, not wanting to face whoever had entered this messy place.

"Dyeda," a familiar voice spoke from the door, worry in their voice. Elvira turned around to look at who had entered the lab, and she broke down in tears at the sight of her father. "Fa-ir."

A/N: Just in case anyone was wondering, fa-ir means father in Ionian, and dyeda means daughter :) And, if you have any questions, feel free to ask! And I just wanted to get this out there, that the plot I am following is a mix between the Arcane plot and the League of Legends lore since those two are slightly different. I will also change some stuff for Elvira to fit into the story. 

Thank for reading! <3