49

Piltover's streets were filled with the noise of people who were excited about the celebration. There were posters of Jayce on the walls, people were yelling his name, and there were stalls selling masks for the masquerade ball.

"This is ridiculous," Elvira muttered as she walked through the streets, disguised as her old friend, Akali, next to Aya. "I agree," Aya chuckled. They quickly made their way to Aya's apartment, to get ready for the night. Elvira was borrowing a dress from Aya, who was so ecstatic that she got to get ready for a party with Elvira again, just like old times.

"This is nice," Aya smiled as they both sat at Aya's dinner table, eating something light before they headed to where the celebration was held. "Just like when we were 18," Elvira laughed, thinking back to their adventures. They used to get drunk and sneak around to find victims that they then would prank. They never figured out it was them, ever.

"I would have asked you if you wanted to prank someone tonight, but I suppose you have more important matters," Aya frowned, and Elvira leaned back in her seat. "I have time for one prank. I think we both know who needs to be humbled a little," Elvira smirked at Aya, who grinned in response. "Heck yeah!"

After they had made their way to the celebrations, Aya had to run off to do her prank. Elvira's job was to distract Jayce, while Aya ran to his office and glued all of his pens to the table, so he wouldn't be able to pick them up.

"Jayce, the man of progress," Elvira said, making her way over to him. Hopefully, Jayce wouldn't find her disguise attractive, because that would be way too awkward for Elvira to handle.

"That's me," he smiled, happy about the attention he was getting. "I don't think I've seen you around, are you new in the area?" he asked her. "Have you seen every person in Piltover?" Elvira asked, and Jayce chuckled a little before he shook his head. "I suppose you're right."

"So this is all for you, huh?" Elvira asked, walking with him through the room. "Yes, although I think they went a little overboard," he agreed, but Elvira could see right through his lies. He was enjoying this sooo much, and he wouldn't have minded if they had gone even further overboard.

"You could say that," she muttered. "So, the father of hextech, how did you come up with such a genius idea?" she asked him. "Oh, it was a dream since I was a boy. I just needed a little help with making the dream a reality," he smiled. He had really practiced that smile, to never left his face.

"That sounds like a big achievement." "It was," Jayce said as he looked off into the distance. "Oh, Medarda! Come meet..." Jayce said before looking at Elvira, waiting for a name. "Akali," she said as she slightly bowed her head. "Hello," counselor Medarda smiled as she gracefully made her way over to them both.

"It's lovely to meet you, you look even more breathtaking in person," Elvira smiled, starting on her plan to get Mel on her good side. "Thank you," she smiled, before looking at Jayce. "Have you prepared your speech?" she asked him, and he got a panicked look on his face before he excused himself.

"Menn," Medarda chuckled, and Elvira nodded in agreement. "Indeed."

"So what brings you here?" Medarda asked while sipping on her champagne. "To Piltover, or to this party?" Elvira asked as she leaned slightly against the railing on the balcony they were standing at. "Both."

"Buisniss," Elvira answered. "Oh?" Mel asked, raising her eyebrows in interest. "Tell me more," she said as she looked at Elvira with curiosity.

"I actually was looking to speak with you about something important," Elvira said as she made sure nobody was looking in their direction, before she changed her glamour for a second, to reveal her old self. With her brown hair and normal body. "Elvira Talis," Mel stated as if she wasn't surprised at all.