7

Elvira's father embraced his crying daughter, and they stood there for a minute hugging before he decided to speak up. "You wanna talk about it? I might not be as good as your emai at giving advice, but I can try," he offered as he pulled away from the hug and studied Elvira's face. 

They sat down on the sofa and she told him about everything that had happened the past week. About Jayce's hextech, about Zaun, about Ash, about the project she had with Aya, the project she was working on by herself, and about Viktor. 

"Dyeda," her father sighed after she was done talking. "Firstly, I wanna say I'm so so proud of you, and I know your emai would be too. You are growing up to be just as fierce and kind as she was," he smiled at her, making Elvira feel warm at the mention of her mother. 

"But Jayce is just scared. And I know, because I'm scared. He just doesn't know how to react, and that is completely normal. You are pulling magic from your own life source, and your own heart Elvira, you are weakening your own body by healing the people around you. But you know that, and still choose to use your magic, and I respect that. I don't like it, but I respect it."

"But you also need to know, that even though I am letting you decide your own fate, people around you will still have their own feelings about it. Jayce cares for you a lot, and he has every right to be scared when you are doing this to yourself. You need to talk to him," he gave her a serious look.

"He won't understand. He's never seen people in despair, he doesn't know how it feels. I know he doesn't mean to sound like an asshole, but he only cares to make Piltover better," Elvira complained.

"Because he only knows Piltover. You said he's never truly seen Zaun, like you and I have, so he won't understand the true horrors of living there. Just like we've never lived a life full of luxury, so we don't understand the problems that come with that. Or the problems that come with living in Noxus. We only understand what we know, so try to enlighten him instead."

"You've spent too much time in Ionia," Elvira huffed, knowing her father was right. He was always right. He laughed at her comment before pulling her into another hug. "I got you a gift," he said. "From your O-ma," Elvira smiled at the mention of her grandmother. "How is she?" she asked her father. 

"She is working hard on treating all the wounded refugees and warriors. The Kinkou was helping fight off the noxians. But she is well," he reassured her. "The kinkou?" Elvira asked, remembering her time in Ionia. Their camp was once visited by the kinkou, and she learned how to fight and protect herself from a girl her age. Akali, was her name. But after the kinkou left, they never saw each other again.

"Yes," he said. And right as Elvira was about to ask more questions, there was a knock on the lab door. "One second," she excused herself as she got up to open the door. "Hello? Oh, Viktor!" she smiled as she saw him standing outside, leaning against his cane. "Jayce stormed into the lab and refused to speak, he was clearly angry about something, do you happen to know why?" he asked as he kept shifting his weight, clearly uncomfortable. 

"I'll give you two some time to talk. We're invited to dinner at Ximena's place, I'll have Jayce fetch you," her father spoke, and Elvira jumped not realizing he was behind her. "Oh, father, this is Viktor, and Viktor, this is my father, Xander Talis, Jayce's uncle," Elvira introduced the two, and Viktor bowed slightly before shaking the man's hand. "Good to meet you Viktor, I've heard good things about you," he smiled at the younger man, before carefully stepping past him. 

"I've heard of you too, and the good work you do for the less fortunate," Viktor praised him back before Xander bid them farewell. "Come in," she gestured for Viktor to enter her lab. "So about Jayce," she started, but she stopped once she saw Viktor freeze in his tracks, taking in the room around him. "What happened here?" he asked, voice filled with shock and amusement at the same time. 

"Um, science gone wrong?" she lied, and he knew it. But again, he didn't press the matter. "Jayce is angry because we had an argument about some blueprints I made for a future project I'm very invested in. He thought it was a waste of time and resources, and shit all over my idea," she answered honestly. 

"What was it?" "It's on the table," she started but realized all her notes were scattered around the room. "Was on the table. Just a second, I'll find them," she started walking around the room, looking for her missing notes. After a good 5 minutes, all her papers were back on her desk, sorted into piles. 

Viktor walked over and looked over the ideas she had there. Elvira was pacing back and forth behind him, just waiting for him to give her the same response as Jayce did. She refused to look at Viktor but cringed every time she heard paper being moved or picked up, and the slight tapping of his fingers against the desk while he was reading. 

"This is incredible," he broke the silence, causing Elvira to flinch. "Wait, what?" she realized he had praised her work instead of mocking it, and quickly moved over to the desk. "These inventions, it could help clean up the undercity," he said with enthusiasm in his voice. 

"Really? Jayce said it was a waste of materials," she sighed and Viktor looked at her with a serious expression. "I don't care about what Jayce thinks, he doesn't know what it's like living down there. If you want, I can help you. I really like your idea, and this would be perfect until our hextech is stable enough to be used," he turned to look at the sketches again.

"How did you come up with this idea?" he asked her as he placed the papers carefully back down on her desk, making sure to keep it as organized as possible. "Oh, um. I just know someone, from the undercity," she said, not lying, just leaving out some parts of the truth. She doubted Viktor would think badly of her for going down there to help, but she feared he would tell on her. 

He just nodded, not pushing it. And though Elvira was relieved that he bought it, Viktor's mind was running marathons trying to figure out why she always seemed so paranoid.

When he asked about what happened in the room, she seemed like she was panicked, and trying to come up with a lie. When he asked how she thought of the idea, then Viktor got the same feeling of her lying. But why did she lie about those things? Did she have a reason to lie?

"I will leave you to it then, I need to get some materials for the hextech stabilizer," Viktor said before making his way towards the door. "Ok, I will see you then!" Elvira smiled, happy that someone recognized the potential of her inventions. Viktor gave her a warm smile, nodded, and then he left her. 

Elvira looked around her lab, sighing before she started cleaning up the mess she had made earlier, so Aya wouldn't be so shocked when she got there.